Posts by McPatD

Beyer Custom One Pros have been very good to me for some time. Just got the Soundmagic HP100 and am really digging them. Bass is impressive on both. ATH M50s are decent but lack an engaging sound after the initial thrill wears off.
I tried a very thin 3.5 cable that was able to go into the phone and had the same result so it is definitely an issue with the phone input and not the supplied cable.
They are very similar headphones. I find the COP to be more engaging. It was the mids that turned me off of the M50 and really took me out of the music whereas I have no issue wit the COP mids. Not sure about the volume issue. A huge COP selling point for me is comfort. I never cared much for the feel of the M50 on my head. While burn in loosens the sound up a bit the signature does not change. It really comes down to different strokes.
Bummer! Got my HP100 but either the cable or phone is defective. Attaching the cable in locked and unlocked positions the sound would cut in and out at different strengths on L or R before finally outputting no sound at all. Going back to Micca/Amazon for a new pair. I have not read anything else on this issue from others.
I have HP100s coming tomorrow and will (try to remember to) post some thoughts.
I have had mine for about 6 months and use them all the time. They have become one of my favorites even earning favor over my beloved Shure 840. The bass adjuster is top notch and they work well with every source and genre I throw at them. Can't beat them at that price point either.
+1 Beyer Custom One Pro
I bought some at the dollar store that were AWFUL :-)
Senn HD202 are a good starter too.
My brain could not adjust to the HE400. No amount of burn in would change that.