Posts by McPatD

I don't like metal out of the M50. I do like it out of the K240 however and the Fiio is a good pairing. I use Shure 840 pads and they can be had for $15.
Having had all at one point or another, K240 is my go to with srh840 pads. It loves juice however and responds well to it. Most comfy of the lot. NEUTRAL as neutral can be.
HD598 + E17 + Beatles = Bliss
Senn HD202. Sleek looking, sound great with anything, no amp needed, best of all under $30. If you have a big head it can be a bit tight but the band is plastic so with some boiling water you can fit as desired. Be sure to remove the earpieces though!
A smattering of bassitone around the outter edge of the driver and a coating of trebulizer inside the padding walls should do the trick!
The Fiio E17 is a great all in one. Lots of info out there on it. I have a 598 I use it with. It even has adjustable bass and treble which sets it apart from other options.
There's a world of difference once that rubber headband is taken out. Just a great headphone.
Bought a pair of these about two weeks ago and I am really blown away by how good they are, especially for the price.  Aside from some brightness and upper treble, which can be EQd, they are pretty neutral.  Bass is realistic but unobtrusive.  Great mids which is the key.  I picked up a pair of Audio Technica WS55 a couple months ago and those sound downright muddy in comparison to the K512MK2.  These leak a bit of sound but not much when they are on your head and do...
The AKG240 (I have a newer China made S version) are really a great headphone, particularly when amped.  They love power.  Since swapping pads has such an effect on these I swapped with my spare pair of SRH840 pads, cut out the cloth out of those, used the 240 foam, and viola, what a great sounding headphone.  The SRH840 cloth allows a bit much treble through, hence using the 240 foam, but with the great fit and seal of the 840 pads, and the fact they fit better around...
I would like to know more about your thoughts on how these sound.  I have been eyeing these up for a while but they are not yet available in America.  Do tell!