Posts by McPatD

There must be some running gag out there that the fake ones are actually better than the real ones. Ha! But yeah, not recommended to buy from those sites. As much crap as they get around here, Beats are very much a premium headphone and you will pay top dollar for the real ones.
I liked mine a lot when I had them. Great for metal \m/ I've since moved up to the RS1. This damn hobby!
Also look at the AKG K545 or Senn Amperior.
Do you have a doctors slip or is this self-diagnosis? Not to be a jerk (well kinda) but try google buddy.
That's unfortunate. It's a great little unit.
I have a big head :-) I've used iPods, C421, E09k, and home stereo receivers all with great results on the K550. I've never understood the "thin" description. They have been my go to closed HP for a while. Never had an issue with seal. Maybe I just have the right head for them.
You're suggesting he go from $200 to $1,800 headphones? That's quite the leap. Koukol, the K550 will be perfect for your needs. Its been great with all music and equipment I've thrown at it.
If you don't mind spending a few bucks more the Creative Arvana Live! might be just the ticket for your situation and needs. Those are what I use at work.
I have both and always listen to the K550. The HD598 is very dry sounding. I'm liking it less and less. K550 has less power need as well and sounds great out of an iPod.
They like juice. I use an objective DAC and E09K. Very happy with the setup.