Posts by JustinBieber

Thanks for the great review. Pretty much spot on with my thoughts on the two except for some minor disagreements.    On the sensitivity, I find my HE560 to require less power. Confirmed with my amp's power meters. My preorder HE560 had to be a notch down to reach the same value at 1000Hz vs HE500. Strange thing is that the production version actually requires to be a notch and a half or two above to reach the same value vs HE500.   Some people rumored that the...

They are pretty great for those genres listed IMO. Onto the DAC filter, It doesn't mention a single word about it in the instruction manual.  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eclipse-td-remote/id785205531?mt=8 shows the app and it appears to have the settings Techradar talked about.  
Anybody here pairing a WA6 on HE500/560? Any other planars? I would like some feedback.. I read a couple posts here and impressions are a mixed bag. Some say it doesn't have enough power, others say it's fine.   I'm worried about power output with music with a large dynamic range, since it only does .5W. I tried a WA6 at a meet with a he560 and it got super loud, but, I wasn't using my music. I get 2-3 o' clock on a Schiit Magni with these large D.R tracks.   I would...
Overall, this was a fantastic meet. Lots of good people and gear. Many of the stuff there was a once in a lifetime listen for me, like the rare K1000 and wireless HD580. Also, GREAT deals on used gear. To anyone reading these impressions and are on the fence about going to a meet up, just go. Trust me, you'll have fun and time will fly. I'm not the most socially active person in the world, but, some of the nicest people are there and it's super easy to start up a...
I would like to trade my HE560 production version for a mid/high end headphone amp. We can add/subtract cash as necessary based on whatever amp you have. I would like only desktop or transportable desktop amps (Emmeline Raptor for example). No portables.     Amps I really want for these.... Woo WA6SE Woo WA6 Ampsandsound SE84/Kenzie Headamp Bottlehead S.E.X Schiit Mjolnir Oppo HA-1    If you don't have anything on the list no worries... there may be something...
Interest check on my HE560, production version with just the cable included. I can include the box but it will make shipping more expensive and you will have to help me with that fee.    They're in like new condition with only minor marks on the gimbals and a super tiny wood nick on the top veneer, left side of the headphone. These issues were not actually caused by me, but, came like that from the factory.   I am asking $800 plus paypal fees unless gifted or trade for...
They sound a little warmer and are more toned down IMO since they get rid of some peaks (4khz for example) compared to the new pads. Others seem to agree as well and the measurements posted back that up too. The difference really isn't that big though, at least to my ears. It's fairly minor/subtle.
So, I've been playing around with an HD800 (that I was generously loaned to by another Headfi'er) and thought I'd share some brief impressions with it vs HE560 here. I might add song comparisons and make this more detailed in the future when I get more time.   Build/Comfort: As expected, the HD800 takes the edge here. The cable is larger, tangles less easier, and the headphone feels a lot better in general. My only issue is both headphones need to work on their locking...