or Connect

Posts by JustinBieber

Partially assembled crack up for sale. I don't have time to finish it since school has started. I have started the basic soldering (just wiring ground, wall plug). Everything else soldering wise has not been sone. Cosmetically, the amp is stained a light coat of ebony. The top plate is wrapped in carbon fiber. Transformer bell end and all screws on the top are painted black. If you dislike the wrap, you can peel it off. I am open to other cash offers. Will upload pics...
Partially assembled crack up for sale. I don't have time to finish it since school has started. I have started the basic soldering (just wiring ground, wall plug). Everything else soldering wise has not been sone. Cosmetically, the amp is stained a light coat of ebony. The top plate is wrapped in carbon fiber. Transformer bell end and all screws on the top are painted black. If you dislike the wrap, you can peel it off. I am open to other cash offers. Will upload pics...
Partially assembled crack up for sale. I don't have time to finish it since school has started. I have started the basic soldering (just wiring ground, wall plug). Everything else soldering wise has not been done. Cosmetically, the amp is stained a light coat of ebony. The top plate is wrapped in carbon fiber. Transformer bell end and all screws on the top are painted black. If you dislike the wrap, you can peel it off. I Also have a ton of extra upgrade tubes that I...
Check out the Hifiman HE560. Very neutral sounding headphone. It's not too hard to drive but you really should use an amp with it. A Schiit Magni does a good job. The Emotiva Mini X and Schiit Lyr are also a nice improvement from the Magni. They both have stronger bass impact and are not as bright sounding.    You may also like a used Sennheiser HD800. It's brighter than the HE560, has slightly less mid bass impact, and a much larger soundstage. It's not as forgiving as...
The SE215 is a great entry level IEM. It has lots of isolation, great build quality, and little to no microphonics when you walk. The only thing is it has a bassy and dark signature, so I'm not sure if it would fit with the kind of music you enjoy. It's about the exact opposite tone of a Grado headphone. 
I've tried with Hifimans. With HE500 they get up to a good volume level, but the bass gets distorted when you push it hard and you lose quite a bit of dynamics. With more efficient planars like the HE560 it doesn't sound too bad. You get the same problems as the HE500 except at a smaller scale.  Magni, Emotiva Mini X, and Lyr (I had first gen) solved all those issues. I personally prefer it as Lyr>Emotiva>Magni. They all have power but Magni is a bit bright sounding and...
I got mine in a matte finish.  I hate that iron. Chisel tip + my clumsiness isn't a great combo. My base is lightly stained ebony. Lol, no Biebs, maybe my first album to listen to once I finish will be L.A Woman. One of my favorites.
Got the carbon fiber wrap in. I used 3M 1080 wrap. It's very easy to work with as long as you have a heat gun. Hair dryers take way too long to heat it up.      
What size is the 9 pin socket? I don't have my crack w/ me to measure right now.   I have options on eBay for 7/8, 3/4, and 1 1/8 in. With top or bottom style mounting. What should I choose? Thanks   Edit: Nvm it's 7/8