or Connect

Posts by gamerfry

Scrubbed the hell out of it. No luck.
I'm an idiot, every time u said pot, I meant tube socket. My apologies. 3 rounds of deoxit applied to the socket pins and the joints still hasn't fixed it. Also of note is that wiggling the tube does not effect the static. I'm really at a loss here.
Update 2:after application of deoxit, the static is changed. Instead of a Sharp loud static it is now a quieter fuzzy sound so I guess it did something
So I sprayed the whole thing down with canned air and that didn't fix anything. I went out and bought some deoxit and once again sprayed the whole thing down and I'm now waiting for it to dry. Because the volume doesn't effect the static, I would imagine the problem has to be after the main power supply in the circuit so I'm pretty sure it isn't any of the big caps I can't really inspect that well. The small ones around the pots all seem to be fine. The headphone socket...
I'd also like to note that the static occurs at a constant volume regardless of the volume on the amp, including turned all the way off.
I did try different headphones. I'll try cleaning everything like you said. Although, could it be the tube pins or volume considering that it continues to happen even without rca's being connected and that it doesn't switch channels when the tubes are switched?
Hey everyone,   I've had a schiit lyr for 3 years now and I love it, but a couple of weeks ago I started getting a LOUD static in the right channel. Switching the tubes doesn't switch the static so it isn't the tubes. I've switched out my headphone cables and that doesn't fix it. I've moved the amp into an isolated area with no inputs plugged in and that also doesn't fix it. At this point the only things I can think of are the pots or a bad cap. Unfortunately, I don't...
Hey everyone,   I've had a schiit lyr for 3 years now and I love it, but a couple of weeks ago I started getting a LOUD static in the right channel. Switching the tubes doesn't switch the static so it isn't the tubes. I've switched out my headphone cables and that doesn't fix it. I've moved the amp into an isolated area with no inputs plugged in and that also doesn't fix it. At this point the only things I can think of are the pots or a bad cap. Unfortunately, I don't...
looking to purchase a Q audio aftermarket cable for an LCD2, I don't care about the length or color. Please PM with price. Thank you!