Posts by belisk

Sennheiser HD800 Excellent condition, everything supplied(headphones, cable, booklet), 213xx series, used for about 4 months, then bought the TH900 instead. Australia only. Paypal only. $799 + Paypal fees 2.4%($20) + Shipping (roughly $26.55(may vary depending where you live)) Box dimentions 35cm x 28cm 15cm (HxWxD) Total: $845(rough estimate) shipped to you. Invoice/Receipt from addictedtoaudio.com.au forwarded to you for warranty purposes. (purchased 14/8/13 still...
are you referring to this one? it got reviewed yesterday, very highly scored 9.9, for a audiophile motherboard, its up there with the top gaming boards as well, might considering getting this to compliment my hugo.
my usb ports on my asus sabertooth z77 mobo have always been disappointing, so i bought a PCIe USB card and it works well with most USB dacs(except tenor) i've owned in the past, including the hugo, i recently started using the toslink port on the mentioned mobo and have never looked back, there is no distortion, hum, hiss, crackle or anything to resemble any kind of disruption using the toslink, i recommend you guys try your mobo's toslink and see results.
i recognise 'bass mekanik - night bass' anywherequickest way to get tinnitus tho
bump. question. my motherboard(z77 sabertooth) has a toslink optical output, i've disabled this option in replace for USB dac's in the past, as we all know onboard sound is utter rubbish. i've recently enabled onboard audio again so that i can use the toslink option, all this talk of optical being better, i thought i'd give it a try. now i'm not sure, is the signal passed directly to the hugo, or does it run though onboard sound first > hugo? also does the hugo not...
question. my motherboard(z77 sabertooth) has a toslink optical output, i've disabled this option in replace for USB dac's in the past, as we all know onboard sound is utter rubbish. i've recently enabled onboard audio again so that i can use the toslink option, all this talk of optical being better, i thought i'd give it a try. now i'm not sure, is the signal passed directly to the hugo, or does it run though onboard sound first > hugo?
heres my first impressions, using TH900 for a sensitive headphone like the TH900, i was worried about hiss, thankfully there is none that i can detect...phew. audio quality is very clean, i find it reminds me of the Yulong DA8, smooth and clean soooo effortlessly. usb implementation is top notch, i'm stressing it as much as i can, like playing games, movies, multiple audio tracks at the same time, seems to hold up nicely. JRiver doesn't like direct sound for some...
just received my hugo, noticed the RCA are crooked, its charging now, so have yet to hear how it sounds i also tried plugging in the supplied USB cable, it only seems to plug in half way, before the metal casing gets in the way, is this normal?
@ audionewbi what kind of accessories did yours come with? i'm still waiting for Australian stock to arrive as well, I wasn't able to find the Hugo anywhere for sale.
i'm part of the club, yay me!!! will get it next week, hopefully.