or Connect

Posts by waynes world

Tactical error #2 !!
 +1.. great work @peter123 !
 I take it you've heard the 950's! I've almost been tempted a few times...
 Cool - I found my long lost 770! Now that I'm used to the Xduoo X3's buttons, I had to cluck like a chicken staring at the 770 screen before re-figuring out how to operate it lol. Anyway, I'm very happy to have it back in my arsenal, and I look forward to rockboxing it as soon as possible :-)
 Ha! You are indeed a vmoda m100 die-hard!
 I'd pay that much for them - they rock. But I'm still rather stunned by the sale that microsoft canada had on them in Dec 2015 when I paid $168CN (approx $125US at the time). Wow.
 Harry, I'm interested in what changed your mind as well considering you previously felt this way about them:http://www.head-fi.org/t/783669/venture-electronics-ve-monk-monk-plus-a-5-earbud-that-taking-the-world-by-storm/4890#post_12735861 At any rate, 99% of the people continue to like them. And for $5 you really can't go wrong.  Hey Hutnicks! Yeah, the kcs75s on parts express headband were my first headphones. Because they were so good for so cheap, they cursed me into...
 Yup. The only thing that beats the ksc75's as giant killer for ridiculously low price is the $5 VE Monk+ earbud:http://www.head-fi.org/t/783669/venture-electronics-ve-monk-monk-plus-a-5-earbud-that-taking-the-world-by-storm The Sony HPM-62 earbuds are crazy good as well, but they are getting hard to find and need to be recabled to get away from the crazy j-cable.
 Well said. I got my X3 expecting that the ongoing support would be non-existent and that I would be relying on the rockbox, so I personally have been very happy with my X3. I would like more battery life - my C&C BH amp has spoiled me with it's 50 hour battery life - but the X3 is performing in that area well enough. The most important thing for me is the X3's SQ, form factor, dual slots and buttons for a very good price. I'm good!