or Connect

Posts by waynes world

Interesting! I haven't heard any tubes, so take this with a grain of salt. But my guess is that if you tried other pads (such as the HM5 hybrids) on the NH's, that you would greatly enjoy them on your tube amp.
 How far off do you find the X3 to be from the DX80 sound quality wise?
 Awesome! Really looking forward to your impressions (I've been quasi-lusting over the iDSD for a long time!).
 You might be right. I for one won't be testing the theory though, because I'm also somewhat treble sensitive as well.
 You almost experienced Monk+ Nirvana!
 Everyone has gone back to wired headphones. 
 Just curious: have you tried any other pads on the NH's? I didn't think I was ever going to do so, but did end up trying the HM5 hybrids (as per wuhanclan's suggestion), and I can't believe how much I am liking the sound. To me it's basically the same beautiful NH sound and signature, except with that bloom of which you speak cleared up. I'm looking forward now to trying the velour pads once they get here.
   Awesome!
 Yes, that's really annoying. I know you really like the 2D MSQD's ("those that shall only be named backwards" lol). How about everyone else? C'mon people, post your impressions (even if you have to do it in pig latin!). Anyway Eric, I'm looking forward to getting your D27 impressions one way or another!
I posted this in the Rockbox thread: I don't have golden ears, but as far as I can tell, the rockbox'd X3 sounds as good as stock.  Anyway, I'm loving this rockboxed X3 - awesome player!