Posts by waynes world

Yup, no edges like that around mine.I'll have to try me a higher end senn one of these days (I have the amperiors which are rather decent). Almost jumped on the massdrop 650 deal..
 Got it last week. I'd have to take the case off my walnut to get another look, but here's another photo I have on disk... 
 I added this to my post: "To conform with transparency ethics, I should point out that Charles from SS audio provided me with a free trial of the v5i in exchange for some honest feedback."  Not with the v5i so far, but I haven't tried anything that is too sensitive with it yet. I did get quite a bit of noise though even with the Zen 1.0's with the first opamp that I tried (lme49860).
My 'nut is very happy to be sporting a burson v5i opamp! To conform with transparency ethics, I should point out that Charles from SS audio provided me with a free trial of the v5i in exchange for some honest feedback.    The v5i sounds rather awesome to my ears - my initial impressions are a wonderful sense imaging and soundstage, and enhanced dynamics. Quite addictive really. So far loving it with my VE Zen1.0's, Nighthawks and also the AKG Sextetts (really brings them...
 Fixed that for ya! 
 Wuss! Edit: that was a joke btw!
I can't live without proper resume, so x10 (without rockbox) is a no for me.
 Same here (except zuperdac instead of a mojo).
 Because guys like Rob Watts from Chord loves them.  I think they sound glorious, and they are incredibly comfortable. Most people don't give them a chance to burn in past 150 hours, but that makes a huge difference with the NH's (whether you believe in burn in or not lol).
 Thanks. My interpretation is that you think the 99's/99Neo's would be a wonderful compliment to the NH's!