or Connect

Posts by waynes world

You get the EQ adjustments if you rockbox the X3. Fortunately that also resolves a few other issues that I have with it.
 I'll be rockboxing my x3 over the weekend (using windows7 laptop). I figure I'll start with red71rum's opening post! Thanks :-)
   I was a bit concerned, because I tried plugging some headphones with trrs plug into the X3 and I wasn't able to get it going. Found the above posts. Tried a different headphone with ttrs plug and the plug went in fine and music resulted. Tried the first one again, and it's more of a challenge to get it in, but I did and music is resulting. Whew! I didn't want to have to deal with adapters (I had to do that with my 770 and it was a drag). Now I just have to figure out...
 Good to know, thanks. I also found this input from you:  I see from this link that they aren't too expensive. I might have to give them a try!
 The good news: I saved a few bucks by getting the X3 for $89US! (shipped (to Canada). The bad news: as of yesterday, I still hadn't received it (after 2 months). The good news: TOMTOP told me they would provide me with a refund. It seemed they wanted to hold out until 2 months had passed. But no way, it's gone. Lost. Kaput. The bad news: I was sad. I wanted that X3 and I didn't know what I'd get instead. The good news: I got delivery notification for it today and it's at...
It's not quite so simple to swap pads on the NH due to the insert with tabs (means punching holes in pad lips). So before going to that trouble I held the hybrid pad on one side and compared the sound to the stock side. Major difference indeed, and the hybrid pad sounded promising enough that I started punching holes and they are on the NH's now. I won't comment too much without listening for a few days, but something tells me I'll be buying another pair of hybrids to...
I have the mt220's and have been interested in the mm400's for a while, so I'm looking forward to your impressions. Btw, I switched the mt220 pads with hm5 hybrid pads and like the sound very much.
Sigh. I quite like (aka love) the NH sound with the stock pads. But I have those damned hm5 hybrid pads on my mt220's staring me in the face. Are you gonna force me to do some pad swapping? Keep in mind I am very lazy lol.
 I think what you're saying is that the zuperdac is better than the dfr.
 This is the stuff that I bought:http://www.ebay.com/itm/SORBOTHANE-SHEET-6X6x1-10-VIBRATION-ISO-RUBBER-PAD-SOFT-30D-with-3M-ADHESIVE-/371378038013?hash=item5677db24fd:m:muh5iohGayDlSpAdF2d72SA Have you also tried the Brainwavz Hybrid pads? They rock on the MT220's:https://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Hybrid-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZGGG3KY?ie=UTF8&keywords=brainwavz%20hybrid&qid=1449036552&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1