or Connect

Posts by waynes world

Good point. I think though that some people like massdrop because their is a good chance that they will get it (albeit in 2 months or so!).
 I'm usually fairly treble sensitive. But I didn't notice any issues with the ED9 for quite a few days (using the brass nozzles). But then listened to my Nighthawks again for an extended period and switched back to the ED9's. Mistake - the highs sounded a bit much (damn you Nighthawks!). I still like the ED9's though, so we'll see how I feel down the road.
 I don't think that I have noticed that "bogging down of the processor" on my X3. Regardless, I concur.. let's get with it XVortex!  Btw, my dream player includes streaming capability, so currently it is the Fiio X5iii (assuming it sounds superb). Unfortunately the price (especially when converted to CAD) is not my dream price lol.
 Could you please provide more info? Btw, I always wait a while for cards to come down in price. I recently purchase a 200GB card for approx $60US, so in my Xduoo X3 (not including internal) I now have 128+200=328GB for a reasonable price. I'm not sure how much I'd have to spend to get that in a single card (if that's even possible at this time). Hence my desire for 2 slots.
 Yup. Resistance fading... Do you think there will be any future firmware updates that add a 2nd micro sd card slot? Just kidding of course. But the lack of 2 card slots is the only bit of resistance I have to cling to at the moment lol.
@peter123, I'm not jealous about your A4's or M1s. Not in the least. Whaaaaaaa!!!
 The one downside of rockbox is that it downsamples to 16/44 or 16/48. So depending on your golden ears, that may not be optimal for hi-res playback.
 It might be worth looking into the LZ-A4. I haven't heard them, but they seem to be getting very positive reviews (great sound for the price, tunable with various filters/nozzles): http://www.head-fi.org/t/812329/lz-a4-impressions-and-discussion-thread
Yes (fat32).
5 years from announcement to launch? Wow, that must be setting a record. Edit: it had better be good lol!