or Connect

Posts by waynes world

@nick n is not steering you astray. They may be old, but the 680's are rather outstanding.
 Try harder! I want to get your impressions of the DFB versus ZuperDAC. 
 You're scaring me . I'll give it a try   Edit: damn, C5 needs recharging. Please hold lol
Just got the hfi 680 in, and playing off of S5/uapp/zuperdac. Apparently they already have approx 300 hours on them, so well burned in. I must say that they are sounding rather awesome!
 Burn'em in baby, burn'em!
 I don't use them when doing aerobic (aka sweaty) stuff, and they seem to be holding up fine. And if required, the pads can easily be replaced.  For sweaty stuff, I switch over to my Panasonic HX650's (which I also really like) that I got for a great price. Gotta have a different pair of head-gear for every task lol!
 Glad you're enjoying the NH's! Hadn't heard of The Civil Wars, but found them on Tidal and listening with the NH's. Goosebumps forming! 
 I'm no spring chicken, but I don't mind wearing them to the gym. I tried a lot of different iems and headphones for the gym, but the m100's are the winners for isolation and sound quality. Maybe they aren't the end-all in isolation, but the bass nicely drowns out the ambient gym noise. I have the "phantom chrome" model, and yes, they look a somewhat blingy, but I've come to enjoy wearing my bling with pride lol
 That's great Peter - your various impressions will be very interesting and greatly appreciated! But no rush at least as far as I am concerned - I'm already sold on the zuperdac 
 I see that you are selling your 220's:http://www.head-fi.org/t/817026/price-drop-yamaha-hph-mt220-headphone That's a great deal. Someone should scoop them up!