Posts by waynes world

Yes, that is worthy of sadness no doubt!  The Walnut/V5i combo really does bring the Sextetts to life. I'm always listening to them now that they found the 'nut.  It doesn't take much to get the light blinking again. A little touch of the volume knob does it for me. Have you tried it with the micro sd card removed?  That's not such a crazy idea actually. I also love how long it lasts on a single charge (that's one of the reasons I use the C&C BH amp the most).
 My opinion: do it! The mod is cheap, simple and reversible, so it's worth a shot. Personally with the ksc75 drivers, I like the increased bass due to the increased pressure of the drivers against the ears (versus using the clips). But I most often listen to the sportapro drivers on the headband because I gravitate to a bit more bass in general. The headband works well with the sportapro drivers (same as portapro and ksc35 drivers) because it lessens the pressure of the...
  Bummer! I don't know what might be going on there. A while ago I had only done a cursory try at using the 'nut as an amp, so thought that I'd give it another go now. Laptop -> foobar2000 -> zuperdac -> walnut (v5i) to the Sextetts or Nickerfied T50RP's. Cranked up to ear bleeding volumes, and it's sounding great with no distortion. Hmm, giving my C&C BH amp (which I usually use in the above configuration) a run for the money! Anyway, I hope you get it sorted!
 Just ordered. Better be worth $3!  Now to forget about them for a few months while they are in transit...
 Holy mother of 'nut!  Wow!!
 Not sure, as I've never heard the V6! But, the guy in this post seems to think that the V7's are better... 
Yet another awesome pairing... Walnut (+ handy neoprene belt case) + V5i + Sony MDR-V7. Those headphones may be 30 years old and sound fantastic. I only wish that I could go back in time to 1986 and hook up a V7 owner with the Walnut + some excellent recordings and watch his or her jaw drop!  
Yup, no edges like that around mine.I'll have to try me a higher end senn one of these days (I have the amperiors which are rather decent). Almost jumped on the massdrop 650 deal..
 Got it last week. I'd have to take the case off my walnut to get another look, but here's another photo I have on disk... 
 I added this to my post: "To conform with transparency ethics, I should point out that Charles from SS audio provided me with a free trial of the v5i in exchange for some honest feedback."  Not with the v5i so far, but I haven't tried anything that is too sensitive with it yet. I did get quite a bit of noise though even with the Zen 1.0's with the first opamp that I tried (lme49860).