or Connect

Posts by darinf

Just in case anyone wants to make the drive down to San Diego on December 3rd: http://www.head-fi.org/t/820740/5th-annual-san-diego-head-fi-meet-saturday-december-3rd-2016
Here's the time-lapse from last year's meet:  
Meet Rules: (I stole these from the LA meet, so some of you should be familiar with them.)   1) Please treat others' gear with the utmost care and respect. 2) Do not unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first. 3) Do not turn anything on or off without asking permission first. 4) Do not move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission. 5) Always treat other headfiers with the utmost respect. 6) If a woman shows up - DO NOT...
It's that time of the year for another San Diego Head-Fi meet in Coronado. Same location, same price: FREE!! But this year we had to push it back to the first weekend in December instead of November. (Another big meet conflicted with November.)   I have confirmed a location and time for the meeting:   The meet will be from 11:00am until 4:30pm on Saturday, December 3rd, 2016.   The meet will be held at the Coronado Public Library in the Winn Room: 640 Orange Avenue,...
Can't wait to see everyone there!   Need to travel "light" this year, so not sure what gear we'll be showing. Should have a pair of Utopia's to compare with our HD800's, Stax 009's, and PMx2's. Those TOTL headphones can do some serious imaging with Out Of Your Head.   Please stop by and say hi regardless.    -Darin
I tried WASAPI and it doesn't work on my system either, even after resampling everything to 48kHz. I will try to figure out the problem. But, just to let you know that even when using Direct Sound, your processed audio does not output via Direct Sound or the Windows Mixer. Out Of Your Head uses Kernel Streaming to output to your audio device. -Darin
Hi @bluzeboy ,Yes, Out Of Your Head is compatible with Foobar2000. The audio signal path is: Foobar2000 --> Out Of Your Head Virtual Audio Device --> DAC --> amp So in Foobar2000 under "File\Prefrences\Playback\Output", set the "Device" to "DS:Primary Sound Driver". This way, when you launch Out Of Your Head, the Windows Default Playback Device is automatically set to the Out Of Your Head Virtual Audio Device and therefore FooBar will output to the Windows Default Playback...
I see about the additional latency of MPC-HC. For latency testing, I use the files downloaded from here: http://editorsean.com/articles/audio-video-sync-alignment-latency-test/ For clipping, yes, we tried to reach a compromise between overall gain and clipping in the processing engine. But since everyone's systems are so different, especially on Windows, we get some people complaining that the levels are too high and they get clipping. Then we get others who complain that...
Hi @Paradigm, Thanks for your post. It sounds like you were using a pre-low latency engine version of Out Of Your Head. ON thing that has changed is that we did change the overall volume. But we also changed the "0db" level in the Out Of Your Head Control Panel. However, since your previous level settings are saved from one version to the next, there is a bug that if your old version levels were set to the top at 0dB, when you install the new version, the input levels will...
Hi @fatboycarney, Thanks for posting.First, Out Of Your Head does not do any audio decoding. It relies on your media player app to do that. But, most media players will decode Dolby and DTS audio including 7.1. For example, JRiver Media Center, or Kodi.TV will decode 7.1 on both Windows and Mac. Also, most Blu-Ray player apps will do it also. Often it's not documented, but you can try the various apps to check.So, for movies, especially in 7.1, most people use a internal...