Posts by darinf

We currently don't have a Windows 32-bit version. I may be able to compile a 32-bit version and test it. We have had very few requests (I think two) for a 32-bit version and early on we had problems with 32-bit Windows. I can revisit the issue and see if it's not too much work to do.
I have listened to the Realiser on lots of different headphones and DAC's and amps. Here's an incomplete list: Stax 2170 systemStax 407 w/ Stax 323AStax 009 w/ Vostok Sound amp/DACStax 009 w/ Cavalli Liquid LightningAudeze LCD 3, 2, XC, X w/ Cavalli Liquid Gold and Vostok Sound ampSenn HD800 w/ Cavalli LAu, Schiit ValiKoss ESP-950 with E-90 amp and Vostok Sound ampAKG 701 w/ Carver ampKoss Porta Pro direct from RealiserMonoprice 8323 direct and with ValiNoble IEM's:...
I was under the impression that the ringing on the Vali is never eliminated completely. I am using HD800's. When I plug in the headphones, I hear fairly low level ringing that goes away after about 15 seconds. To get louder ringing, I have to tap on the case pretty hard with my fingernails. If I tap with just my finger, I don't get any ringing. I am totally OK with this amount of ringing. It's generally so low level that even when there is ringing and you have music...
Apparently my repaired Vali is nowhere to be found. So they sent me a new one overnight.   This one rings a LOT less that my previous one. There is still a tiny bit of ringing, but nothing like my original unit which was one of the early shipping units.   As promised, here's the photos of the tubes inside.        
That Headroom graph looks very similar to what I heard when my friend brought over his production PM-1's. They sounded very "dark". Of course I was comparing them to my Stax 009, 407, HD800's. So the PM-1's had a lot less treble energy. They also sounded pretty closed. The opposite of open and airy.
I agree, people should be able to express their opinions and not be afraid to do so as long as it's not emotionally charged or insulting, etc. For me, negative posts about my products has always pushed me to do better. I think the Wizards responses were perfectly handled. Durability is better. You wouldn't want your nuts cracked would you?  I agree that in contrast to the Wizard custom work, the universals are not the same, but it is ultimately about the sound. I think...
OK, sorry but one more story and then I am done...   This was back when the first Macs first came out. Remember it? It was kind of portable, right?     So I get a call from a frantic woman:   "I don't know what happened. My brand new Mac was working a second ago. Now it won't turn on! I keep flipping the power switch and nothing happens."   I ask, "So if it was working, did anything change?"   "No, nothing changed. All I did was move it outside on my deck so I...
Man, I could go on all day about crazy stories when I used to do tech support. (Sorry to be so far off topic...)   A guy called in and said none of the menus on the software was working.   I said, "OK, move the cursor to the File menu and click on it and tell me what you see." He says, "That's the problem I can't get the cursor to the File menu. When I move the mouse, it doesn't go where I want it to go."   Finally after trying to figure out why his mouse was...
I can post photos once I get it back. Not sure why I don't have it already, but hopefully tomorrow.
I bet people over on the "other" thread would all be ecstatic if they got their CIEM's in 6 weeks.