Posts by darinf

I listen to the Enigmas with a Vali, a Lyr 2, and a Geek Out 720. The Lyr 2 definitely has the best bass and just sounds better than the other two. While the Enigma's are not too hard to drive, they really like the extra power of the Lyr 2. The Vali is OK, but the Lyr 2 has better bass and the highs are more detailed and open. I actually prefer the Enigma's driven straight out of the GO720 than with the Vali. When compared side by side, the Vali seems a little rolled off...
I read each of the horizontal lines as 10dB, not 5dB, so what you said was a 2dB spread is actually a 4dB spread which is exactly what  @n3rdling said too. You guys actually agree.
Brannan is planning on being at the San Diego meet on 11/1. I am pretty sure he will do your impressions at the meet if you order the K10's. This way you make sure it gets done right.  I don't think he charges for doing the impressions either. 
Good to see you back Luis! 
The event is open to the public. Since it's free, just show up. (The library requires that all events be open to the public anyway.)
I will not be bringing the Smyth Realiser. Generally it's a lot of work to setup and do demos so it takes up all my time. But I will have plenty of systems set up running Out Of Your Head instead I do not know who will be coming from HeadAmp. They haven't told me, but you can PM or e-mail them. -Darin
I just tried the Netflix player on Windows 8.1 and IE11. I just held down the left shift and alt keys and then left-clicked on the video itself. Then a window popped up within the Netflix player on screen. I had heard that Netflix was finally going to give Windows 8.1 users the option for 5.1. I checked once before, but just checked again and sure enough, the option is there! Very cool. I can confirm that Netflix will stream 5.1 audio. Now the bad news... They don't have...
Hi Michael, Just to explain, the pre-rendered demo files on my website are NOT for use with Out Of Your Head. They are demo files for people who do not have Out Of Your Head installed or want to hear the pre-rendered output from Out Of Your Head without having to install Out Of Your Head. So please do not use the demo files with Out Of Your Head running. The pre-rendered files are recordings made from the output of Out Of Your Head. So if you have Out Of Your Head...
Hi Michael, I think you are referring to the demo files here:http://fonguadio.com/demo You should never play the pre-rendered demo files through Out Of Your Head. The Out Of Your Head processing is already pre-applied to those files. You would be applying the Out Of Your Head processing twice! But to answer your question, since the online demo files are already processed in Out Of Your Head, they are two channels, one for each ear. But the source files are 2, 6, and 8...
Thanks for posting this info. But I just want to clarify that edewardsean is talking about the Mac OS X version of VLC (the Windows version does not have this problem.) He is using the Mac OS X version of Out Of Your Head. So if you download the Out Of Your Head for OS X trial version from our website, VLC is only recommended for two channel audio.  I have found that XBMC works much better than VLC on the Mac. You can make the audio offset value permanent. Once you find...