Posts by darinf

Barring any unforeseeable problems, I know Brannan plans on being at the LA meet with all his demo gear. And if for some reason he can't make it, I can usually bring his demos for him. But you can count on Brannan being there. He usually will also do you impressions at the meet if you order Noble CIEM's. That's a HUGE factor since you know the impressions will be done right and you don't have to pay to get them done. Takes a lot of the hassle factor out of ordering CIEM's.
The Mac version of Out Of Your Head is coming, soon I hope... But for the effect to work, you really need to make sure only the left channel sound goes to only the left ear and the right only going to the right ear. It's binaural, after all. I have not tried it with speakers really close, but I think it will be a little weird sounding. I will try it with the TD-M1's.
Received the West Coast Eclipse TD-M1 speakers yesterday. They arrived safely, FYI @JustinBieber, Thanks!   As others have said, these things are heavy for their size. The design and styling is pretty cool and would look great on my desk if my desk wasn't a total disaster (no photos, please!). They are also built really well. Definitely haas the look and feel of a high end product. They are like speakers Apple would build if they built speakers.   I haven't done a lot...
Sorry I am late to the party, but I just realized that most of the gear I will be demoing at the Darin Fong Audio (Out Of Your Head) booth wasn't listed on the equipment list post.   Just in case, here's what I will have at my table:   DACs: •    HRT microStreamer •    Geek Out 450 •    Vostok Sound ES-21 Prototype •    AK120 (used as a USB DAC) •    iBasso D7   Amps: •    Schiit Vali •    Schiit Lyr 2 •    Koss E-90 •    Vostok Sound ES-21...
Tried Wyrd with the AK120 in USB DAC mode. Maybe my Lenovo Yoga 13 laptop has bad USB ports or maybe it's just a placebo effect, but the Wyrd definitely changes the sound for the better and it's not subtle. Call me crazy, it's OK. 
I suppose you could call the Enigma's a little warm, but I hesitate to use that description since they certainly don't lack detail. But compared to say Stax 009 or HD800, then yes, the Enigmas are warmer for sure. Or the highs are less elevated and airy than the Stax 009. But it's hard to compare open headphones to closed. Neither are muddy at all or muffled. Both the Enigmas and Slants have lots of detail, but they are not as open and airy compared to Stax. However, for...
There are actually three models. I am not sure if the original Paradox is still a current model or if it's been replaced by the Paradox Slants. But there are:ParadoxParadox SlantsEnigmas I have Luis' Slants and Enigmas on loan. They are fairly different in terms of sound. The Slants are more neutral and have more highs. The Enigmas are what Luis call "romantic". They are less bright but still have a lot of detail. They also have more, harder hitting bass. I also think the...
So sorry to hear that. My condolences.
I actually kind of misunderstood you too. I thought you were asking about the Hugo more than the K10's. With regard to how the K10's pair with the Hugo, it's a great pairing. The Hugo amp is dead quiet with the K10's using the 3.5mm outputs of the Hugo. Plenty of power from the Hugo, of course. The K10's can certainly resolve all the detail coming from the Hugo which also helps with the imaging. You will not be disappointed.
Well, I am already a huge fan of the K10's. You can read my review here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-kaiser-10/reviews/10773 I have listened to the K10's on a lot of different gear and they work well on just about everything. Even the Vali with a 75ohm adapter works pretty well. I don't have a lot of experience evaluating the subtleties of DAC's, but I do hear small differences between the different DAC's I have like the AK120, HRT microStreamer, Geek Out...