Posts by ferrytrainhp1

hi , i recently got a pair of 7506s from a charity shop really cheaply, they were very worn, the pads have had it so I have ordered new ones from sony. the silver  studio monitor lettering on the headband is only just visible and there is no silver left. the cups are a bit loose and don't seem to grip together. they look legitimate, they say made in thailand and look to be of sturdy construction otherwise. I tried them with the old pads and all I could hear was highs and...
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a pair of HP 3s They would be willing to sell. preferably located in Australia. I have a pair of HP 1 s which I really love and I think that the HP 3 would be a great portable headphone. Thanks.
hi, last week I got a pair of t50rps which I have done some mods to. mods done on the cans include: -cotton wool for damping in cavity behind drivers. -tape over vents on the back of the phone with a small hole -tape over the bass port on the ear side with a needle hole. -plasicine on the underside of the baffle and around the drivers. -FA 003 pads   I am hearing a dominant frequency somewhere in the 1-8 khz range I believe and it is dominant over other...
they are the stock fostex pads that they used to replace the old crappy ones on the new production model.
Hi, I have just bought  a pair of t50rps with the new pads. I am finding all the mod threads a bit overwhelming and I was wondering if anyone could point me to the simplest mods to improve the sound. also if there are any australians around on this thread that could point me in the direction of something i could use for damping material. there are lots of things mentioned on other threads but I dont think they are avaliable over here. Thanks  
I have ordered some new pads for my HP 1s off amazon , these were mentioned by someone earlier in the thread.  at the moment there is three layers of adhesive under the pads, the original stuff, glue that I found was too strong and double sided tape. I was thinking that I could remove all three layers and start again. Does anyone know of a method of removing the adhesive easily without damaging the headphones?   Thanks for all the help you guys have already given...
Hi Guys,    Still enjoying my HP 1s   Just have a question.    I have added 2 layers of felt behind the drivers for damping and afterwards noticed a reduction in bass compared to before. I have also added blue tack around the edges of the driver and the pads have been glued and then restuck with double sided tape after finding the glue too strong.    my question was whether the layers of glue and tape or the blue tack would affect the bass or whether it...
thanks for all the info guys. The original pads are alright in terms of condition but not great, as the leather is starting to flake and the left side is pinching my ear, have to figure out why that is... I thought that the sony v150 pads would be cheaply made and uncomfortable as the V150s were a cheap headphone If I am not mistaken, I had a pair which broke and the pads were not the most luxurious material. also, what adhesive would be the best to use for re...
Hi, I have just got a set of HP 1s and the pads are degraded and are a bit hard on the ear.  I am wondering what would be the best replacement that is easiest to apply. looking around I keep seeing comments that yamaha might still supply the pads but dont know for certain and doubt it after almost 40 years since the phones were manufactured.     I would imagine that this question has already been answered somewhere in this vast thread so forgive me for asking...