Posts by kimvictor

Well, I think the isolation has quite a bit to do with the two(why two?) air vents on the IEM themselves, rather then the tips. While it does keep the fit compression free and keeps the dynamic driver running, it does sacrifice a bit of isolation. On the bright side, I'm actually loving the A83 currently.
Of course there is personal preference. I meant that it's not as magical of an IEM as I hoped it would be, as my expectations were very very high. While I find them enjoyable, the sound sig isn't "magical" for me. But with all respects, I can see how they could be magical, depending on your preference. But who knows. My impressions might change in the next few weeks.
Yup. Of course, bear in mind that my current references are UERM and HD800(and tiny bit of SE846). A more fair reference would be my MDR7550, which A83 blows out of water(except for the bass impact). Even compared to TPEOS H-200, I think A83 outperforms it. Well, I should give it more time.
Just got a sample from Fidue today. It's not as magical as some claim to be, but I like them so far. I'll reserve further impressions until I have more experience with them.
HD800 are quite different from SRH1540. In fact, it's closer to UERM. So far so good though.
Well, there definitely is variation from pair to pair. My friend's SE215SP's connectors were good for 3 months, while my SE215 had connection issues after a month of usage. If the connection is really that bad, try to swap the left and right of the cable, and figure out if it is indeed the MMCX that's causing the problem. If it is, even a replacement cable should improve the issue by a lot.And I have a pair coming in from Fidue as well! I'm trying not to read any reviews...
Yeah. It's a pain. Shure's IEMs always need a monthly cleaning, but cleaning it never solved the issue fully. New cable, washer rings for the connector(SE846's cable has it), or a deep cleaning(with cleaning agents) should fully solve the issue. Best of lucks.
Some IEMs with MMCX connectors are notorious for having connection failures(like Shure's SE iems). Try cleaning the connectors.
I'm getting a sample from Fidue for a review. It won't be posted on head-fi, but on a CYMBACAVUM. Link Here.
Hmm... I can definitely give them a shot when I go back home this winter.