Posts by littlexsparkee

darinf of Darin Fong Audio is running it. It'll be Saturday, November 8th. I think details are still being fleshed out but we're talking about it on a San Diego thread:http://www.head-fi.org/t/727351/any-head-fiers-in-san-diego
Hey Darin, I work downtown so that could work for me. I live around UTC/UCSD otherwise, which is some distance from you. I take the bus so parking's not an issue but I might not be able to bring too much gear. Anyway, it would be fun, I'm in.    @Rip: I think my favorite is ambient/drone but I've been listening to funk and West African music lately because such attention was paid to the recording, it's a joy to listen to. 
I believe there's a November meet in San Diego if you guys are near there, that's just around the corner...
Hi, wanted to see if someone could use this. I believe it's broken, not even sure anymore since I don't have the cans. The fault is at one channel of the headphone plugs. It could be used for parts / a DIY project. Let me know if you're interested. You can have it free, hopefully just covering the small shipping charge. Thanks!
That's not very far at all, I usually take the 41 bus past Mesa when I go to SDSU. During the day, I'm around downtown for work. I've met a few people, mostly those buying from me (artemart bought a Schiit amp from me, I met up with him at the LA meet last week, he's local I believe). Another guy was selling Senn HD700s on Craigslist, lives a few blocks from me and is well known on here. I don't have any CIEMs, I do my listening on headphones & speakers. I've been wanting...
Hi, I'm near UCSD, where are you located? I just went to the meet in Woodland Hills and had a blast. There's hopefully another meet in Coronado in November, but I'll have to double check.
I had a chance to try the secret prototype amp and it sounded very good to me. It would've been an easier comparison listening to something I recognize though, I don't think my ear is trained enough to fill out a survey as intricate as that without listening to my tunes and AB testing with my usual phones. I bought a flash drive full of music I have a feel for and didn't even have time to check it out on any gear... Next time, I'll try to stay the whole length of the meet,...
I had a lot of fun, it was the first meet I went to. Tried some great models like the HE560, HD800, LCDX/3, K1000; all of which I'd only just read about. I wish in retrospect I'd gotten there earlier, 3 hours wasn't nearly enough time (would've been nice to throw on some music from my USB, it so hard to compare with new tunes). At times comparisons were difficult due to talking going on, but some of the set-ups blew me away. I was quite impressed by the sound of the...
Will ship, also encourage local pickup in San Diego   It comes with an upgraded PlusSound braided cable (not shown in photo), an extra pair of velour pads, an extra pair of pleather pads, hard case, travel case, warranty card, etc.    Details for cable: 7ft long 7N purity stranded UPOCC copper wire, Viablue T6 model 1/4 plug, Mundorf Silver/Gold Supreme solder   More photos upon request (Posting this before work so just adding the rudiments), please PM me! 
I will bring my Schiit Mjolnir for the buy/sell if anyone wants it, maybe even my HE-500 w/ 2 extra earpads, PlusSound cable, and travel case.   For music, is USB accepted? - because I've only seen mention of the micro-SDs on here