Posts by esteebin

Received the BE7 today.   Initial impression vs BE5 is that the BE7 is more dynamic and energetic vs mellow and warm of the BE5.   BE5 has more bass. Both mid-bass and low bass. Treble is laid back and smooth.   BE7 on first listen (with the Yurbuds Enhancer) is not as warm and thick but has quick bass punch. It has more clarity and still manages to be sibilant-free. I don't notice it reaching as low as BE5 but we'll see after a week.   It came with a pair of foam...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFO14W8     Jabra REVO wireless headphones $140 all colors on Amazon
Its not a big change.Try this: angle your earbuds towards your ear canal until the sound is louder and the bass is stronger. It's like that but more comfortable and secure.The silicone material is pretty durable. I've had mine for a couple months now and I wear it 4 nights a week for work for almost 3 hours at a time (12 hour shift) while setting up 15 liter reactors and sampling.
The one downside is that the sound becomes a little more intimate. But the comfort is worth it. Also, without it my right side easily falls off. But with these I have to tug really hard for them to come off. For me, these are a must have accessory if I were to use earbuds.
I think everyone's waiting on the red/blue ones...   Which version is the desirable? 3 or the 3S?
  Above is my post on page 38. As you can see it wraps all the way around for a secure fit onto the BE5. I have to have these connected in order for them to stay more than 5 minutes on my ear. I love that it redirects the sound especially the bass back into the ear canal. You can still clearly hear things around you, which I like about earbuds.
I got the limited series Ambient Aware size 5. I really like the fact that I can enjoy music and still be aware of my surroundings at work. I tend to grab the BE5 more than my IEMs (GR07BE, XBA-4, SteelSeries Flux, VSD1S...). Of course on plane trips, XBA-4 and Flux block out most of the engine noise.
http://yurbuds.com/products/enhancers/limited-edition-series-replacement-enhancers/ for $10 you get 2 pairs. Amazon and ebay will charge ~$15 for only one pair. It fits perfectly for BE5. Since BE7 is exact same housing/external, it should fit. If you want different colors, then try the other series enhancers.
 I have the BE5 and like it very much. From your assessment the sound has been improved while retaining the musicality. I think I might bite on the BE7 and hand the BE5 to my nephew, a novice audiophile who enjoyed the Monster Inspiration for its warmth and smooth treble. Also, for those who have trouble keeping earbuds in their ear and/or feel the bass is lost due to the openness of earbuds, Yurbuds enhancers help. The BE5 hurt my ear without it. The only downside I...
 I actually experienced this on my first pair of $100 IEM: Sol Republic Amps HD. At first listen, it was clear and musical with great bass. As I listened to it more and more, the bass started getting stronger and stronger until it overpowered everything. Now its a dark sound with the drivers worn in. I hated it from then on.