Posts by Ghostfit

Lol !  ...take it with whatever you fancy bro, salt, pepper, rice, sand ...doesn't matter !   I'm still standing by the S400 for music, for me the mids is just that bit more smoother and forward but it's a muted point as the AD900X has taken over just as the WS99 has taken over the duties of my S500. But yes, the S400 was the start of something for me (read below)   I've followed this thread from page 1 and going thru from FX1X to FX101 to FX3X, FX40 to FXD80, SHE3580...
  That's what I thought too in the beginning, ...after 2 days of burning in, its like comparing a shotgun to the 30mm gatling in the nose of an A10 Warthog !
  LOL, Totally agree with all your assessment !     ...out of box with the CKN70, I was initially wondering if ATH actually pre-burn them. A closer listen reveals not, the highs are too energetic even sibilance.   Dsnut, you are so gonna be "mind blown" with them after 150+ hrs ! I have spent quite abit during the last couple months on audio gears but these CKN70 are the most satisfying (if you don't count the AD900X) ...for me, they have superceed the FXZ100/200...
  Oh boy !   ...now I feel guilty for making him "walk the plank" earlier !    ...if only I had knew about his situation,  ... wouldn't have start all that pirate folly which in retrospect seems so insensitive. redfaced apologies, bro Dsnut.   Changing my Avatar to "please forgive me" in honor too, in addition, will withhold posting reviews of the CKN70 for the next few days as well.
  Lol, there is nothing lacking in the CKN50, it's a pretty impressive iem but next to a CKN70 the bass doesn't seems as tight or go as deep, vocals are more emotive in the CKN70, both have pretty similar trebles.   I'm coming up to the 40 hrs burning mark on both, I have to admit that I'm spending more listening time with the CKN70, it just that bit more immersing. Tomorrow, I'll start A/Bing with my FXD80, FXZ100/200, CKM500. If I have the time, I'll also A/B the CKN50...
  Sorry, you forgot TDK !   ...I'm really impressed with some of their lower end iems which got me itching to try out their flagship models.   Sorry for not sharing this earlier, I got them at a local sale for $19 (US$15) some 2 months back and I consider the CLEF-R TH-EC200 the sidegrade of the SHE3580. where the SHE3580 has a U shape signature, emphasized bass and trebles, the EC200 got a balanced signature, slightly forward mids with natural highs, Bass response can be...
Dang !   ...those WS99 don't just SOUND good !     ...they LOOK really good as well !   Buddies, friends and even strangers are coming up to me and asking what these are !
  Can't wait to hear your take on them CKN70, at the rate they're improving, they are rapidly catching up to (and most likely overtaking) my all time favourite micro HD driver iems, the FXD80.   I am waiting for the FIIO E12 to arrive and dying to see how the CKN70 and WS99 scales with them, ...talk about a sonic overload !
  Nah !   ...she used to sleep at the doorway outside our bedrooms but since I shifted my burning activities to the computer station, she choose to sleep under the computer table.   Read somewhere that they need to be near human noises while sleeping (part of their pack instincts I guess)         They are certainly as microphonic as the SHE3580 cables and yes, you are right, I meant J cord design, the fact that one side has a longer sub cable makes it that much more...
    Count me in on the New ATH sound, fan club too !   ...would be hard leaving the old JVC sound, fan club though !     OMG !  ...just had another eargasm with them CKN70 !   ...listening to Kelly Clarkson's Because of you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXLB-xeoOhk