Posts by Ghostfit

I concur, SHE3580 has got some really deep sub bass. He did mention that he is more of a headphone guy !
Out of the box surprisingly, I would say they're pretty close, they have about 70% of the S500's bass and highs, 80% of the S500's mids, as for comparision between the 2, refer below.   I sneak a peek listen to the S400 at the 50hrs burn and have to report that the sound at this point is incoherent !!!   ...the bass has gone muddy, mids are like the singer is shouting and treble has almost disappeared.   So much for the pretty good sounds I heard on open box, but I know...
  Thanks you my friend, I will try and see if I can catch any fish then !
  The S500 has the more luxurious and softer pleather headband padding when you feel them by hand, the S400's bare foam feels a little firmer, however when worn on the head, I couldn't feel that they are more uncomfortable due to the lighter weight of the S400.
  Glad your perseverance paid off !    ...you have experience what the believers among us have gone thru, so, so headphone out of box, muddy sounds below 100 hrs burning, but after that ...WOW !   As DSnut has said, these JVC absolutely NEEDS aggressive burning before they'll perform. I'll take any reviews of JVC Carbon Nano Tube iems or headphone that has less than 100 hrs of burn-in as a joke.
  Yeah, thats right   ...go ahead and tease us all !
  Neither !   ...I got mine from Jun Ibaraki san.  
Thanks Analog,   On paper, JVC has stated 104dB/1mW for the S400 and 106dB/1mW for the S500, so the S500 should be more sensitive, I can't really tell from my initial impression if that is true as I did not compare directly (A/B) with the S500, however what struck me was how close the 2 headphone's bass sound and I am surprised that the mids could be like that without any burning. Will compare and report back here after the S400 have 50 hrs of burn on them.   As for your...
Yup, what struck me most was how similar they sound. You should check them out Ds, would really love to hear your take on them.   Thanks, the scond half of 2012 really belongs to JVC and their carbon nano tube drivers techology, it seems they can't go wrong with their FX40, FXD70, FXD80, HA-S500 and HA-S400.   It's never too late to jump on the JVC CNT bandwagon and see what you've been missing.   You're welcome bro, althought I have not brought a caliper to them, the...
I have been throughly enjoying the excellent JVC HA S500 and needed to get the wife one (that's what we all use as an excuse right ?) so I ordered the JVC HA S400 (couldn't decided which color, ordered the Red and the Silver)   Links to DSnut's thread on the excellent HA S500: http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-new-jvc-ha-s500-40mm-carbon-nanotubes/1080#post_8677801     Here's the 2 new addition to the HA S500.   The Red one caught my eyes, they...