Posts by Ghostfit

Lol, I have to give something back to the Head Fi' community for emptying my w ...giving me all these wonderful Audio gears.   We both tried the CKM300 after hearing the CKM500 (thanks to DSnuts) although nice, they were not really comparable to the CKM500, but the S400 are different, they're definately a side grade to the S500 and exceeding them in certain areas, I would highly recommend them for musical listening.   Looking forward to your impression of them.
  YES !  ...DSnut, you've nailed what I couldn't put my finger on about the sounds I'm hearing out of the S500, the restrictive size of the cans are having a small impact on the overall sound coming out of them S500, its like all the goodness is being cramped together.   I ordered 3 pairs of them ATH velour pads (they do wear out, right ?) when I read your recommendation, they are fantastic for comfort but I soon went back to the stock pads due to isolation and too much...
  I had the same thoughts too, how could the cheaper S400 sound better, but my ears are saying otherwise. We are all unique and we all have different sonic preferences so there will most certainly be guys who would prefer the S500 over the S400. It's just like the FXD IEMs, some guys prefer the FXD70 signature over the higher end FXD80.   Althought I love the S400, I'm in no way selling off my S500, they have a place and purpose in my arsenal.
My burn in experiences with the JVC CNT headphones are as follows:   HA S500 - Out of box was remarkably underwhelming, it was not "throw it into the dustbin" bad but there was nothing special about them. 50hrs of burn in later, the sound started improving (especially the bass), my pair of S500 has somewhat stabilised after 200hrs+ and I don't hear any changes anymore.   HA S400 - Out of box was spectacular, sound pretty close to a well seasoned pair of FX40, put them on...
Okay, did an A/B comparision between the S400 and it's elder brother the S500 last nite.   The S500 has been very good for me until the S400 came along, you might say the 100hrs odd burn in S400 showed where the minor flaws were in the S500, these were not apparent unless one was listening to the S500 and then switched over to the S400 listening to the same source material.   Coming from the S500 to the S400, it did not take 20min for me to adjust to the sound...
    In a nutshell:   The S500 has a big but rather colored sound, the S400 is more neutral. If I may use an analogy, the S500 is like listening to a multi speakers THX surround sound system and the S400 is like listening to a 2 speakers audiophile system.   The S500 has a bigger soundstage but the S400 has better tone separation.   I love the S500 for gaming/movies and the S400 for music.
  Yeah, I agree !   ...the HA S400 sound great out of the box, I had to go and burn them !!!   50hrs later and they sound like Beats    ...almost threw them into the dustbin.         Thanks god I didn't because 100hrs+ later   ...they became my all time favourites !  Burning does nothing except mess up your mind !
  Don't !!!   ...you might just ended up handing her your S500 instead
Listened to them again last nite and I must say I'm really liking them a whole lot !   The impressive SQ I heard on open box is back with a vengence. The mid bass has tamed down a little but the sub bass has gone deeper, Mids are much more mellower and the lower mids has distanced itself from the bass such that vocals are very distinct, highs and trebles now have better defination and a sparkle that's just below the level of the FXD80.   I love the sound...
  You've echoed my exact sentiment here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/626332/the-new-jvc-ha-s400-30mm-carbon-nanotubes/15   The S400 SQ will deteriorate as you burn them in around the 50hrs point but they will come back even better at 100hrs.   I have done 100hrs on my S400 and a sneak listen last nite reveals that the great sounds I heard on open box is back and much more sweeter. From memory, they are at if not better SQ level than my S500.   But memories can be deceptive,...