Posts by ValentinHogea

I'm copying my post from the LCD-2-thread since the LCD-3 is the next big upcoming investment (after maybe an ALO Audio Continental v2)...   Has anyone tried the LCD-3 w/ ALO Audio The Continental v2?   Just wondering what to expect. Since I have a destop rig that drives them (read: LCD-2) very well, don't wanna get too "disappointed". Already did it once with a Burson Audio HA-160D, which I sold of a few days later due to hype vs. sound quality/price.   Tx,
I've copied the description below from another ad for exactly the same cable sold recently here on the for sale.   This is the same cable that Six Moons reviewer Srajan Ebaen used to review the LCD-2 and gave the blue moon award. It is 8-conductor heavy gauge cable intended to improve the sound quality of the LCD-2/3 phones to a new level. The retail price of this cable was in excess of $600+. The cable length is 8ft. and terminated with furutech 1/4" heavy duty...
Has anyone tried the LCD-2 w/ ALO Audio The Continental v2?   Just wondering what to expect. Since I have a destop rig that drives them very well, don't wanna get too "disappointed". Already did it once with a Burson Audio HA-160D, which I sold of a few days later due to hype vs. sound quality/price.   Tx,
Hi!   AD8610ARZ
Hi!   The trade: I got a iPhone 4 32 GB that I don't use anymore. Since I only use Spotify for my music needs, and sync via WiFi the extra thickness of the iPhone is of no use for me. Looking for a 64 GB iPod Touch 4th gen.   Condition: The iPhone is in good condition (7/10). It's been used for 18 months. Functions without a flaw. Has a small chip in the glass on the front. The glass backpiece has been replaced by me to a brushed aluminium one. It looks great...
First of all.. There's a "big" difference between the Plus/"Normal" version. In my opinion it's worth it. Blacker background. Wider soundstage. Etc. Etc. Secondly there's also a "big" difference between the II 2012 Ed and. II and older versions. The "normal" 2012 has almost the same performance as an older "plus".   If there's a retailer in the vicinity of your home in Slovakia I recommend you to go there and try the different versions. See for yourself. "Blindly"...
I highly recommend the HRT MusicStreamer II+ 2012 Ed.   Wide soundstage, tight bass, warm(-ish) midrange, crispy but not sharp treble. I've compared it to several DACs and at aprox 400 USD new, it's fantastic. Especially considering it sells for aprox 250 USD used in the Buy&Sell-forums from US. With some "declared value"-magic  it's a no-breainer.   Edit:   Especially with the La Figaro 339, it's a lot of quality for little cash. LA339 645 USD with...
Sounds interesting. Your own idea or DIY-"common knowledge"? I'm thinking... What'll happen to the bass response?
What are you working on? 
A Burson Audio HA-160D. Got it from SHAZADA123 (head-fi) a couple of days ago.   Why sell? As much as I like the SS-dynamics, I've come to like the tube sound more. I underestimated my LA339, and when trying it up against the Burson I understood that the LA339 wasn't that bad with my LCD-2 rev1 as I thought. Sometimes a purchase makes you appreiciate something else more. Not saying that the Burson is bad. But the built-in DAC is excessive for me and the pre-amp...