Posts by ValentinHogea

If you're going for a high-end headphone you should try Audez'e LCD-2 / HD800 / Beyerdynamic T1 etc...   What music do you listen to? How light-weight should the headphone be etc... I advise you to not buy just by the "Sennheiser"-brand since if you look at their high-end products HD650 / HD700 / HD800 / IE8 etc.. They have a somewhat different sound signature...
I must ask one thing though... Why HD650 and then HD800? Since they sound quite different...   As a HD650-"upgrader" the LCD-2 has the same soundsignature but "better". As someone stated previously AKG Q701/K701 is more like the little brother of HD800. However, they're about 60 Ohms.   Just want to understand your reasoning. Do you like Sennheiser as a brand or is it the fact that they're both 300 Ohms?
I'd buy a pair of used HD650's, there are a lot in the For Sale-section + a used Darkvoice/La Figaro, there's a supermodified Darkvoice 336 in the for sale. I'd recommend it "blindly".
I used to think I drove my HD650 fine via the headphone jack on my Marantz PM7004. That changed when I realized I could drive them better via my Leckerton Audio UHA-4, that changed.... Fubar IV Plus... that changed.... Burson HA-160D, that changed.... La Figaro 339 w/ stock tubes, that changed... La Figaro with Tung Sol 5998's + RCA Reds 5693...   There's always a point where costs meet performance.   My humble opinion is that Darkvoice (now: La FIgaro) are probably the...
PM sent...
Hi guys!   I searched quite thoroughly without finding an answer. But the truth is out there... ;)   I'm building up a "transportable" rig with an iDevice to CLAS to The Continental, and I find it quite "unccessary" to pay 250 USD for ALO Audio-"bling". That doesn't mean that I'm looking for the cheapest possible "stock"-chinese eBay-thingies...   But I'm looking for something similar to what ALO offer.   However it would be nice with a small-sized...
So... has anyone measured the output impedance of the Continental V2?   Want to pair it with LCD-2's and maybe Unique Melody Merlins (12 Ohms)
Has anyone measures the output impedance?   Searched this thread and the Continental V2-thread and no luck.   I wish to pair it with LCD-2's and Unique Melody Merlin (12 Ohms)   Tx,
Sold to MicroOp.
Is GE 5693 and RCA JAN-5693 the same tube "rebranded"? I've found a swedish retailer that has 1 (!) GE 5693...