Posts by ablahblah

I need to get a new pair of headphones for DJ'ing and general listening. I'm currently using a Monoprice 8323 headphone for DJ'ing and the nonexistent soundstage is really starting to irk me. I've seen people recommending the Senn HD 25-1 II's wholeheartedly, just wanted to see what other people had to say here!   Max I'm willing to spend is $200, preferably below. Sound wise, I'm looking for something with a strong low end and does well with vocals; decent soundstage is...
I'm on a severe budget; basically looking for the best over ears, DJ can option for under $50. I've been really enticed by the Monoprice MHP-839's (Kicker HP541 rebrands), but people keep saying they're too heavy for one to have his head down, looking at a mixer or jogs. Can anyone else recommend a better option? I come from IEMs, EPH-100s, so those are my babies right now basically when it comes to SQ haha, I just need something functional for DJ'ing with some good SQ...
I read this on Digizoid's site:   "SmartVektor: Frequency Unmasking   SmartVektor offsets this process by "filling in" the lost sounds and making them more pronounced, which is accomplished by delaying select sounds in time. The result increases the level of detail heard, and imparts a natural sense of dimensionality by enhancing soundstaging."   and I got kind of interested, because for awhile I thought Spectral Decay (resonance I think?) had a profound...
I'm in a similar position as well...has anyone brought up the Monoprice 8323's by any chance? Supposed to be a rebrand of the Kicker 541s, little bassy, seems durable, sq seems good though sacrifices soundstage (shouldn't be a problem when it comes to beatmatching, I think though?).   Playing with a Mixtrack and a demo of Traktor in my free time heha, I've VDJ LE but Traktor just feels sooo goood...
Looking into getting (edit: full-size) cans, nothing too crazy though. What's the best I can get for under $70? I was starting to look into a bunch of the Audio-Technicas, but none of them swivel around, which is a feature I need. The Monoprice Hi-Fi (Kicker HP541 rebrands I think) had me particularly interested.   I've a FiiO E11 I can amp with, from using it with an IEM (EPH-100). I need swivels since I'm currently picking up mixing/dj'ing, one of the primary...
I'm looking for some closed, full-size cans, after having IEM's for awhile (Yam EPH-100's)...I'm open to a lot of musical exploration, and listen to pretty much all genres from time to time, but I have a core preference for EDM.   Specifically, I'm starting to run away from V-Curves, bass and treble alone is starting to bore me. Anything that's relatively balanced, or even trebly, is what I'm trying to find. I have an E11 I'll be using to amp in the meantime, so I...
I think my E11 went and died on me today somehow, but I wanted to check whether anyone else had a similar experience to mine before going and talking to FiiO about warranty. Mine is about 4 months old, running off two batteries, the supplied one and one the Micca Distributor supplied via an Amazon purchase. This was running off I think EQ 1, low gain, and I just set it to low-power. I noticed a weird noise coming into my headphones at first, then I realized that was...
Thinking about heading in a full-size can direction after using IEM's for awhile (Yamaha EPH-100s).   I'm looking for something sub $120 that I can DJ on and use for casual listening. I've been ogling at Technics DJ-1200s after seeing Armin Van Buuren and a bunch of other DJ's rock them, along with Senn's HD 25-1's, but I'm trying to save cash for controllers and software, plus I think it's good for me to have some growing room. Durability and flexibility is...
  You know you're an audiophile when you stop and consider for a moment whether you'd pay money to see this
When you're the first one with IEMs out of their case and looped over your ears, since all your friends are too busy untangling the ibuds they crammed into their pockets.