Posts by NimbleTurtle

Yes the Sennheisers are not great for music that requires speed (metal) or constant bass awareness (dance/ rap/ hiphop/ dubstep). Out of all those genres, I only listen to metal however. To appreciate the Sennheisers, you have to listen to a wider variety of genres, something with a lot of vocals, an atmosphere, and every aspect of the frequency spectrum. But I'm surprised you thought they lacked bass when you thought the bass on the 555s were sufficient (they're bass...
If you found the HD 555 bass plenty, you'll love the HD 598 trust me. The HD598 is a significant improvement over the HD555 (with foam mod) in bass, soundstage, midrange, and treble. I just practically listed every aspect of sound huh? My friend with his 595 was very depressed when he heard the 598, and in his own words: "I'm alright with your headphone having a bigger soundstage but the bass... the bass...".    Since the HD 598s have more bass and treble, you'll be able...
I have yet to hear anything that can reproduce midrange as well as the 598, though I haven't heard any of the super expensive cans.    HD 600/ 650 are more oriented towards bass/ midrange, and rolls off treble rather quickly. HD650 clearly has more bass than the 600 or the 598, though I found it very fat and too warm. You should try to listen to it though and come up with your own opinions.    A headphone that just came to my mind was the V-Moda M80, which is known for...
If I were you, I'd rather just listen to them right away. People talk about needing to burn in the K701 for 300+ hours but I think that's just an excuse to cover up how unnatural they sound, until people psychologically adapt to the sound signature. Don't even fret. Very few people even consider the 598 to need any burn-in because it sounds fantastic out of the box. I personally thought the bass was slightly lacking at first but now I don't. Can't tell if it's because of...
Heard the 32 ohms version sounds terrible. The DT880 sounds neutral but its treble fatigued me easily. Sounds a bit bright because of the treble, rather than neutral. 
As a hardcore COD player (4.7 kd mw2, 3.1 cod4, etc.), the AD700 should be perfectly fine for gaming purposes. Soundstage is what matters for soundwhoring, and the AD700 does a very good job of that even compared to higher up headphones. I personally use the HD598 myself and I can play just as well playing mute (though with some changes in play style). Headphones are generally most useful if you have the connection to abuse aggressive style of gameplay in the first...
If you don't have a dedicated sound card, I think it's safe to say the E17 will be a much better choice than the E11. I don't even know if the E11 is better than the E17 in terms of amplification, and if I had to guess, the difference is minimal. If you don't have a DAC, and don't plan to get a separate one, the E17 is very versatile in that regard. 
I think the general consensus is that breaking a headphone in will cause the diaphragm to move naturally, allowing it to have better pace, rhythm, and timing. Scientifically, the effects should be minimal.    There is also a second type of burn-in: psychological burn-in. Your mind will gradually adapt to the flaws/strengths you hear from the 598. This to me affects how the mind will interpret music much more than the physical burn-in. 
 No DAC is going to make a headphone like the HD 600 fatiguing. That's just ridiculous. I heard the HRT MusicStreamer II is asynchronous but whether that actually has any advantages over a sychronous one, I don't know.    The fiio E9 is a fine amp for the price, but just be aware that it doesn't work well with low impedance headphones, if you plan to use any in the future (like a planar magnetic). Otherwise, it should work well with your HD600. It does have a slightly...
But it's not even that the 598s have strong mids. It's forward compared to other headphones but that's how it should be in the first place. I suppose there is some discrepancy coming from how loud you listen to the music. If you're the type of person who listens to music at a low volume, bass and treble emphasis should be fine. But if you listen moderately loud, than the midrange becomes a very important aspect of the sound and you can hardly ever call it "heavily pushed...