Posts by NimbleTurtle

People say they don't want the bass to be too heavy but they are often disappointed with new headphones that are close to bass neutral :)    For those genres, you're going to need some speed with a bit of bass punchiness. Grados are famous for the genres you listed, though they're a bit notorious when it comes to comfort. Maybe a tad lacking in bass (for some). Maybe you should try out a SR-60 and see if you like the sound signature, because if you don't, you probably...
What exactly are you looking for? You can't just expect to buy a bunch of good sounding headphones without knowing what you want (other than sound quality, obviously).    First of all, noise isolation is pretty much a must if you are going to use these outside. 1) others can't hear you  2) you can block other noise, which leads to better enjoyment of the music    That said, the M50s have "okay" noise isolation and the M-80's, from what others told me, are a bit...
Those are the brown ones right? I forget which model is which. But those offered surprisingly nice noise isolation and a very good soundstage for a closed headphone. I was impressed, and the sound quality was actually quite good too! 
I find the 598 to be lacking a bit in the mid-bass (75-150 hertz). As for the Grados, I don't really remember. Sometimes bass light is a perception that we get from strong treble, like for instance the DT880s. I do find it is much closer to neutral than "lean" but for the OP's genres, I said they were lacking a bit in the bass department since that's how he will most likely perceive them. 
Problem is the grados lack quite a bit of bass as well. But for any rock that requires speed, it's preferred over the 598 despite the 598s being the least laidback of the Senn cans (except maybe HD800 which I haven't heard). HE-400 should be able to do any bassy genres very well. I've seen a guy own both the HE-400 and the 598s, and what he does is listen to any genre with his HE-400 that doesn't involve a lot of vocals or soundstage. They're a pretty good combination in...
The 701s and 880s sound so much more fatiguing than the HD600s... it's my # 1 complaint. 
I only state facts / opinions that many others share about the 598s in regards to other headphones. You'll never see me recommend these to someone who listens to dubstep, electronic dance, metal, etc. In regards to "digging up dirt" I actually keep a variety of comments for each headphone on word documents. So no, I don't actually take the precious time to "dig up dirt" on you, despite what you think.    And I think you're misunderstanding something here. I never once...
There is nothing wrong with posting impressions. The problem here is you're posting impressions so passionately that people actually take your word for it, people who for instance, might take your word for it and upgrade their K701 to a Q701 because YOU constantly claim it's a huge improvement. It's not such a casual topic when money is involved. It's hard to take your words seriously when:  a) You did not do a direct comparison between the K701/ Q701  b) You seem to...
How is it nonsense? High output impedance affects the tightening of the bass .    It's no more of a "nonsense" than giving out opinions that constantly change over time. I still remember you talking about how you thought the 598s had a bigger soundstage over the 701s - though you admitted in never doing a direct comparison - and about how the 598s had an "edge" over your Q701s over your music. Obviously, you'd probably disagree with this today. Which brings up another...
Thanks for the input. It's good to learn these things from a more experienced person. How do we know if a high end headphone is getting enough voltage (HD650) or getting enough current (planar magnetics)? From what I know, achieving high listening volume has no relationship between sufficient amount of voltage/ current being inputted right?    I haven't learned anything about negative feedback yet... will do so tomorrow. What is your opinion of the O2 amp?