Posts by pelli

Just got an Akai AA-1050 today.  This is my first DeoxIT clean up job.  It went well and I am pretty happy with this beast.  I got it and an Akai GXC 720D reciever for $80.  Both are in flawless condition with the exception of the bulbs needing replacement on the 1050.  I am enjoying the smooth sound of the Akai  but I think there could be a little more detail.  Overall I have to say I am pleased for the price. Here are some...
  The M1 seems to be at a similar price point as the Gungir. I hate to say it, but the Yggdrasil is going to be $1700-1900.  at a lower price tag I would take a serious look at the Bifrost.  It love mine and I haven't gotten around to the Uber upgrade yet.  Stereophile gave it a great review and considered it one of the best "bang for the buck" products they have ever tested.  With the upgrade potential in the future it really could be an "endgame" DAC for people who...
  What are you using to run the Zus?
  I have to say that I appreciated the brightness with my HD 650.  Most of my gear tends to be on the darker side (look at my sig) but when I brought in my Asgard 1 to work yesterday to compare it with the T1 amp stage, I ended up listening to the T1 exclusively the second half of the day.  The added sparkle brightened up the HD 650 nicely and made the A1 sound a bit dull and lacking detail in comparison.  Don't tell the boys over in the Schiit thread as I am as big a...
If you are enjoying the sound without an amp at the moment, I would consider saving the $100+ towards THE amp you want for the LCD-2.  If you gotta have something now (no judgement, been there many times ) The O2 has been recommended a lot, although I have never heard it.  I have listened to my Lcd-2 through an Asgard 1, E17 and E12.  Of the three I think I would recommend the E12 with price factored in.  I didn't think any of these three did the LCD-2 justice though....
In hopes to get this thread back on track, I would like to express, as many have before me, that the customer service from Schiit is second to none.  I  had two questions for Jason over the last couple days.  Both times I got a response in less than 2 min.  The second question I emailed earlier today and I'm still am not quite sure I hit send before Jason responded.  It was like some sort of time warp...  Anyways. I couldn't be happier with my Schiit at the moment and am...
  Thanks for the compliment! I would love to move my Gungir out there but I just can't seem to pry it way from the bedside.  The Asgard is mostly there for aesthetics as the pile of Schiit blocks a mess of cables behind the rack.  A DAC upgrade is on the list but a step or two down from some nice towers.
Here is my living room rig (minus the HD 650)                                             
Sorry about posting so much recently but there have been a lot of shifts in the system.  I decided to move the DV into the living room and shifted things around.  I think this is it for the living room for quite a while .  All HP listening through the Senn. HD 650.  On rare occasions I bring out the Mjo and LCD-2.2 for a change.                            
There is a pair of MDR-10s on the market in Europe via Adiogon.     http://app.audiogon.com/listings/over-ear-sony-mdr-r10-2013-07-18-headphones-portugal-europe