Posts by pelli

If you are going to have a desktop DAC, you will either need an "all-in-one" DAC/amp combo or separate DAC and headphone amp.  In your price range, you are probably going to do the best with a DAC/amp combo.     Two combos I have experience with in your pricerange are the FiiO E17 and Aune T1.  The Aune is the better combo in my opinion, but the E17 has the option of portability if you want to use it as a portable headphone amp for mp3 player, phone, etc.     If...
Just came across this on the deals thread:     "Originally Posted by Whitetriton  Schiit Lyr is on Amazon, sold by Schiit Audio, for $399 +$18.75 shipping (3 left in stock at time of posting this).  On the Schiit website, it sells for $449.    http://www.amazon.com/Schiit-SCH-03-Lyr-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B004T335BK/"       Any chance their clearing out old stock for a Lyr II release?
This is the first deal I have ever seen on Schiit!  They are pretty adamant about sticking to MSRP... maybe a LYR II is eminent and they are clearing out old stock?
That was my understanding too
Hopefully someone else confirms this, but I think your tubes should be fine.  I imagine most of the NOS tubes have been sitting in similar conditions for decades.  If they were in good shape when you boxed them up I wouldn't worry.
I like the stand!
Just got an Akai AA-1050 today.  This is my first DeoxIT clean up job.  It went well and I am pretty happy with this beast.  I got it and an Akai GXC 720D reciever for $80.  Both are in flawless condition with the exception of the bulbs needing replacement on the 1050.  I am enjoying the smooth sound of the Akai  but I think there could be a little more detail.  Overall I have to say I am pleased for the price. Here are some...
  The M1 seems to be at a similar price point as the Gungir. I hate to say it, but the Yggdrasil is going to be $1700-1900.  at a lower price tag I would take a serious look at the Bifrost.  It love mine and I haven't gotten around to the Uber upgrade yet.  Stereophile gave it a great review and considered it one of the best "bang for the buck" products they have ever tested.  With the upgrade potential in the future it really could be an "endgame" DAC for people who...
  What are you using to run the Zus?
  I have to say that I appreciated the brightness with my HD 650.  Most of my gear tends to be on the darker side (look at my sig) but when I brought in my Asgard 1 to work yesterday to compare it with the T1 amp stage, I ended up listening to the T1 exclusively the second half of the day.  The added sparkle brightened up the HD 650 nicely and made the A1 sound a bit dull and lacking detail in comparison.  Don't tell the boys over in the Schiit thread as I am as big a...