Posts by pelli

Looks fantastic!  I don't know about the rest of you, but I love putting together all that gear and wiring everything up.  Outside of the actual listening it is one of my favorite favorite parts of the hobby.  I have a move coming up in the next couple months and that is one of the few things I am looking forward to!
Looking forward to it!
 If you are looking for an RCA switch, there are a number available...  Here is one from Decware: http://www.decware.com/newsite/ZSB.html There are a number of diagrams as to how it can be used.  Google RCA switch box and you should be able to come up with a number of much cheaper alternatives if you are looking to spend less.
What are you running off that Marantz?
 Your right!  This was the conversation when she got home:  Me:  "I'm surprised you haven't commented on the new addition to the bedroom." GF:  "I didn't even notice" Me:  "I added another amp to my rack." GF:  "I don't care what you do with your rack." Me:  "That's good because I posted pictures of it online." GF:  "Just as long as you don't post pictures of mine..."  As far as the vintage gear is concerned, the Kenwood is my favorite amp I have ever heard with my HD-650....
Here is the current state of the bedside rig.  My GF may not be too stoked about the second vintage amp I snuck in this morning while she was at the gym.  She has been VERY tolerant of my obsession, but there are limits...             
    I have an Optonica SM-7305 integrated amp from the late 70's that I LOVE.  I use it as my speaker amp in my bedroom.  It is a nice piece of kit and built like a tank.  I bet the SA-5901 sounds great and it sure is a looker too! 
I just picked up this Kenwood KA 3500  today (better pics to follow).  In the process I also found someone to fully test and service my Akai AA 1050 and replace the bulbs. Nice little Sunday!    
  I think this has been added to recently to make it SUPER clear, but I thought it was pretty clear to begin with...
  +1   If your patient, you could probably find a used Schiit Bifrost with USB for $300 or less.  I think pushing this budget gives a few advantages:   1) Better source to begin with   2) More functionality in case you want to add sources, hook into home stereo, etc.   3) With the Bifrost (and some other DACs) there will be future upgrades avaiable as technology improves.   That being said, you may be totally satisfied with a less expensive option.  It really depends how...