or Connect

Posts by chillysalsa

I was browsing a local record store, and in the new arrivals stack, I see this: and on the back was this: (without the added flashing of course) Bobby Conn: Rise Up! After 3 listens I'm enjoying it so much that I'm starting to wonder if there are subliminal satanic messages in there. I really lucked out and discovered a new favourite artist. Anyone else take a chance? How did it turn out?
Minya that was hillarious.. It made me want to slit my wrists ova & ova & ova
I think it would depend from player to player... most drive mechanisms will last for well over 10,000 hours, I think MTF is like 50,000 for a typical player (like, over 5 years of continuous use). By the time it wears out, you'll have wanted to upgrade to another one anyway if you're a person that goes on here at all!
My fill of SR-125 has left me hungry for RS-1's... but only after I build my RA-1 clone.
man, that kid is going to get his _ss rebooted all through school...
Great! Glad to hear you're enjoying it.. the NAD stuff is nice...
Out Hud - STREET DAD Ok, so again, I only had the MP3 to compare to this LP. Somehow I think the high frequencies are rolled off, but they are at least very tame. Upon first removing it from it's sleave, I saw all these light scuffs all over the vinyl. Luckily, these are pretty much inaudible and just surface. The bass on it is not as tight as the MP3 samples I had heard (again @ 192k). Warpage is fairly low, and it's about a regular 150g pressing. Surface...
In the entry level, some of the nice ones on the used market: Musical Fidelity X-DAC Monarchy 18B MSB Link Dac III Adcom GDA-600 All of these can be had for around $200... I've got the Adcom and am happy with it overall... but I really think digital technology has come a long way since '94. The level of detail retrieval and soundstage width isn't up to what I hear in my analog system.
The only place you should be plugging your computer in is the CD / AUX in puts - which will allow you to use the volume controls on the amp itself. You should not get any sound the following way: PC -> Main In on NAD -> Pre Out on NAD to the only input available on the Sony, Game -> Speakers ^^^ Because the only logical flow for the signal is: PC --> Input (CD/AUX/TAPE, etc) --> PRE-OUT --> MAIN-IN --> SPEAKERS If you only have it connected like so: PC -->...
Quote: Originally posted by reeseboisse That's actually what I'm doing. I have my PC connected to the Main In input, and my headphones connected to the headphone jack in front. ... Now, unfortunately, I can't read the labels on the back panel from pictures of this 7130 on eBay , but I believe the jumpers are running from PRE-OUT ---> MAIN IN, over there just to the left of the speaker terminals, right? I think the MAIN IN is to feed signal to...