or Connect

Posts by chillysalsa

The power of shock value, gotta love it. Someone should remind them it's just rock 'n roll. Remember 40 years ago? It's not like something really obscene, like a 22 yr old Elvis shakin' his hips.
They will always be the most noisy when it's new (thus, give it like 20 hour for wearing parts to mechanically break-in). Either that or it's no good and about to die - in which case it will get louder and louder. It shouldn't be audible, I listen really quiet too sometimes, and my cheapo Yamaha 5 disc thing is only heard when I put my ear 10 cm from the tray. Give it some time, and if it's still like that, try to return it.
I was browsing a local record store, and in the new arrivals stack, I see this: and on the back was this: (without the added flashing of course) Bobby Conn: Rise Up! After 3 listens I'm enjoying it so much that I'm starting to wonder if there are subliminal satanic messages in there. I really lucked out and discovered a new favourite artist. Anyone else take a chance? How did it turn out?
Minya that was hillarious.. It made me want to slit my wrists ova & ova & ova
I think it would depend from player to player... most drive mechanisms will last for well over 10,000 hours, I think MTF is like 50,000 for a typical player (like, over 5 years of continuous use). By the time it wears out, you'll have wanted to upgrade to another one anyway if you're a person that goes on here at all!
My fill of SR-125 has left me hungry for RS-1's... but only after I build my RA-1 clone.
man, that kid is going to get his _ss rebooted all through school...
Great! Glad to hear you're enjoying it.. the NAD stuff is nice...
Out Hud - STREET DAD Ok, so again, I only had the MP3 to compare to this LP. Somehow I think the high frequencies are rolled off, but they are at least very tame. Upon first removing it from it's sleave, I saw all these light scuffs all over the vinyl. Luckily, these are pretty much inaudible and just surface. The bass on it is not as tight as the MP3 samples I had heard (again @ 192k). Warpage is fairly low, and it's about a regular 150g pressing. Surface...
In the entry level, some of the nice ones on the used market: Musical Fidelity X-DAC Monarchy 18B MSB Link Dac III Adcom GDA-600 All of these can be had for around $200... I've got the Adcom and am happy with it overall... but I really think digital technology has come a long way since '94. The level of detail retrieval and soundstage width isn't up to what I hear in my analog system.