Posts by snapontom

BTW.  I am happy with my BITFROST.  My sources are an iPhone and MacBook.  I play music files and stream Pandora One.  I will keep it till DSD becomes mainstream.  The BITFROST did take some time to burn in.  I am amazed how good Pandora One sounds with my system and the Jazz Essentials channel is right on my tastes.  I am having fun studying tone arms and cartridges.  Wouldn't a Ortofon 12" tonearm and SPU cartridge set up look good with the Decware?  Add in a Garrard...
I purchased a new factory "second" set of Heresy III speakers for the Taboo.  99dB.  I like the speed, attack, and clarity.  All the friends that listen to my system are enthralled by the clarity of the Heresy, but I think that has more to do with the Taboo, CSP2+ combo.  I hooked up a powered sub to the CSP2+ as well.  I have to be careful how much I turn up the volume on the sub or how high I turn up the Hz crossover because it makes the music fatiguing.  I would love...
Balanced vs unbalanced.  The only reason for balanced inputs or outputs is when long distances have to be covered by cable.  I await the review of the Decware amp, I am anxious.  I have the Taboo and CSP2+.  I look forward to hearing about all the speakers at Decware too.  There is currently a lot to look forward to in this thread. Please, include lots of pics.  
I went to the big city for business, and being there I took time to go to a high end audio shop.  I was interested in comparing sources, turntable vs digital.  Sources were fed into 50k of equipment.  I think the speakers were Wilsons and the amps were 300 wpc Mcintosh tube MC2301 monoblocks.  For numerous reasons, I am very happy my elegant CSP2+, Taboo, Klipsch sound.  My system is revealing and easy to listen to for hour and hours. Generally,  I prefer speakers to my...
It sold, must have been at the buy it now price.
Saw a nice Taboo with the Vcaps on ebay.  That is the rig I have.  The caps don't have enough time to be broken in.  My Taboo, CSP2+ combo does not shout, the sound is right there at the speaker.  Nice.  I use 12 guage copper wire, the kind used to hook up lawn lights, for speaker cable.  I wonder if a good speaker cable would make much difference.  BTW I have the 596 tube in both the Taboo and CSP2+.  
I ordered the Taboo, then ordered the CSP2+ a week later.  Glad I did.  The CSP2+ has the four gain controls, two for the input and two for output.  The volume control on the CSP2+ when coupled with the Taboo is like gliding on ice.  Smooth subtile changes over a wide spectrum, it's hard to describe.  I also purchased the Decware silver RCA cables to connect the two, and Decware made me a couple capacitor plug-ins to use when the Taboo is not connected to speakers.  I...
I haven't posted in a while.  My CPS2+, Taboo combination continue to provide me with the best sound I have ever had.  I was invited to a home to listen to a SS set up that my friend was very happy with, he just had it refurbished.  We listened to CDs and I discovered Conway Twitty for the first time.  I borrowed a couple of his CDs to download into my iTunes.  The older CDs are are not as good as the 196kps music I get off Pandora One.  For example, my Stan Getz...
what component do you have?  is there a power supply next to the component?  hope you can fix it without letting it go for a time.  I would really miss mine.  how long have you had the component, how long has it worked properly?  
I have the csp2+ and taboo.  black as night, full volume.