Posts by snapontom

Ok, Ok?  I've read this thread with some amusement. Last year I purchased and used a Spin Clean $125 with astonishingly good results.  It works great at cleaning dust.  I have found that records need to be cleaned more often than I want to break out the Spin Clean though.  Ya know dust is not the only culprit, add in mildew, fungus, spit from talking while cuing up an album, beer, and whatever else has gotten in the grooves and needs to be cleaned out.  That is why I...
As MLK said "I have been to the mountain."  I went to Phoenix for Thanksgiving and visited a shop, Hi-Fi Arizona, or tubeaudio.com.  Sitting in the sweet spot of their listening room I experienced what is possible in two channel audio.  The imaging was precise.  The sound did not appear to be coming from the speakers but from the back wall.  Listening to a Sheffield recorded album of Harry James' big band was like having the stage in front of me. I could point to the...
I would go with the Luxman.  Its better looking!  Thats the most important thing at that level.  If you want better sound... carts, phonostages, amps, hps, speakers, cables, record cleaner, etc etc etc oh and don't forget room treatments!
I have the heresy 3's .   I bought them as new seconds off ebay.  Small chip in the veneer.  I am happy with them.  They are fast, clear, and range down to 56 Hz.  Later I added a powered sub that has a volume control and a variable crossover. I run the sub from the CSP2+.   I like the sound of the heresys best at ear level.  The sound is right there at the speaker, it doesn't shout, which is an attribute of the Taboo MK2 I think.  The MKIII has 4 wpc and mine has 6....
I ordered the Decware switch box with the capacitors, even though I don't know the benefit of having  caps.  No DC current, but what does that do for the sound?, I don't know.   I will input a DAC, receiver, and phonostage into the switchbox and output to the CSP2+.  I can run the other output to my Bob Latino Dynaco ST-120 if I need.  My CSP2+ is a preamp for a powered sub woofer too.  On second thought, I'll run the phonostage directly into the CSP2+'s other input...
      This is my TT.  It is on a better stand now.  I will keep it because it sounds good and I really like the feature it has where the tonearm lifts up and the motor turns off at the end of playing an album side.  I don't have the opportunity to AB it with a VPI classic, but I wonder how much better a $3000 TT would sound with a $1000 cartridge.   Any thoughts?  
Decware has a new product, a switcbox.  I need it.  I see that they offer capacitors to get rid of DC current.  The site didn't say what the benifits are of getting rid of DC current.  And I sure don't know.  I like that it is heavy so it will stay in place and Steve drew up some diagrams of how it can be used.  Will order it tomorrow.
Twist off beer caps cover my headphone jack wells.  MGD looks good, as does the Coor's Banquet, maybe Dad's rootbeer next.   It's easy to change styles.  I really like the Taboo MKIII with the standard base you have.  A customer of mine gave me a Sansui TU-7900 receiver with the white background and black faceplate.  It really goes well with my Decware system!  I have been having a blast going through the thrift store bins and I have picked up some great albums for like...
I can't recommend the Spin Clean, or any record cleaner enough.  I have been purchasing albums for $.50 to $2 and after cleaning them, they sound great.  I enjoy going through the racks.  Picked up Abraxis by Santana, Carol King Tapestry, and Blood Sweat and Tears first album, John Barleycorn by Traffic etc etc etc.  I have resonance problems, tapping on my shelf, TT deck, and record all come through the speakers.  I don't know what to do short of buying a new TT.  Also,...
Wow, thank you, I think.  Somehow I feel cheated out of a T.  I have always read it as Bitfrost and referred to it as Bitfrost.  Checking the DAC I see that it is actually Bifrost.  In a digital age bit seems better, bi rolls too much, kind of muddled.  This represents my first disappointment with this product.   I wonder when we are going to get to the point of using this thread for its intended purpose?  Not that I mind.  Anyone want to weigh in on the prospects for...