Posts by Vicx

Ok I checked out the X1 but I think I'll see how my D2000 goes first, I'm not much of an audiophile so I think it'll be good enough for me, I'm already amazed at how good it is alone on the PS3. Just bought the 2012 astro mixamp as I've heard too many bad things about the 2013 edition for almost no benefit other than the EQ settings.
awesome, I'll go ahead and buy the Astro mixamp once I've decided which edition I'll get. I'll recoup the cost from selling my Sony Pulse 7.1 headset. Looks like I'll only need one headset for PC, PS3 and drumming (TD-12). You're providing a great service for humanity with this thread.   Decided not to buy the DT990, I think I'd prefer the bass of the D2000 instead and it's more comfortable. The DT990 looks similar to the Pulse which aren't very comfortable after an...
Mad Lust, great, great thread. I was going to buy the Astro A40 + mixamp for PS3 gaming, but after reading this thread it seems like I should forget the A40 and just buy the mixamp alone as I already own the Denon D2000 which I use just for music on PC, should I go ahead with it? I mainly play BF3 and Black Ops 2 so I think the D2000's soundstage should be good for these games.   Just trying to decide whether to buy the 2012 or 2013 mixamp. From what I've read the 2013...
I was thinking of buying the Astro A40 for gaming on PS3, currently using Sony Pulse 7.1 but heard the A40s are much better.   My PS3 is connected to Logitech Z5500 via optical. I own the Denon D2000 so I tried plugging those into the 3.5mm headphone jack on the Z5500's control pod but it doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the Sony Pulse for all games EXCEPT Rock Band Blitz, for some reason that game sounds infinitely better on the D2000.   So my question is,...
In terms of portability I'd go for the ATH-M50, they're great cans, very flexible and pretty light. The 580 can only rotate each side only a small amount so you can't really put them on your shoulder. I wouldn't recommend the DT770 or Q40 as they can't rotate at all, plus they're both huge, so they'll squeeze your cheeks when you sit them on your shoulder. The M50 however, perfect for on the go.
Wow, how things have changed.. My last post, I was tossing up between the Q40 and HFI-580. I bought the 580, which was disappointing.   Since then, I wasn't even considering the D2000, and now I've suddenly bought the D5000! that's a MASSIVE jump from the HFI-580 (and also a massive chunk of my bank balance). So far, definitely enjoying it. I completely agree with what everyone says about it having a great soundstage and I truly appreciate the "warmth" and feel of...
Ok I've concluded that the only way I'm ever going to know which I'll like more is to simply buy BOTH of them. I've just bought a pair of used 580s, now all I need is the Q40. Anyone selling or know of anyone else selling a pair? I've checked ebay but I'd rather buy a cheap used pair as I'm not completely committed yet.   edit: I've already used the trade forum but there's nothing available now and I'm not allowed to start a WTB thread yet.
Ok I did some research on the Q40 but seems like everyone says the M50 is better in every way, so back to square one.   I did more research on the D2000 and it does actually seem pretty good now, but WAY out of my budget! They're around $250usd on Ebay and I don't know where else to buy them. I'm definitely not buying them in New Zealand because we get ripped off on everything here.   So I'm back to looking at the 580s again, which are definitely within my...
I'd rather get a set of cans that suit my needs without an amp, I'm already pushing my budget as it is. If the 580s are what I think they are then I'll get them. I might get the E11 if I must, but I'll see how they sound without it first before I look into amps.
I heard the bass is more for audiophiles, so someone like me may not appreciate it. It's mainly for people into jazz etc. I'm not looking just for consumer bass, but something in the middle, which is why I love the bass of the DT 77 but I want something closer to the clarity of the M50.