Posts by Jamiee

Yup it is a very very good cable indeed.  Shocker of a story........  I actually bought mine from Amazon.com of all places!Honestly -  Amazon had the best price on the Lightspeed that I could find anywhere at the time and they also stocked the various lengths and configurations. [EDIT]  Just checked and they still have them
Stillpoints ERS is a great product.  I use both the tape and non-adhesive backed sheets (which can be taped into place if needed). There are of course other similar products on the market, even some that are more effective. However Stillpoints ERS is super easy to work and experiment with and typically yields good results for the $$.
"The Tesla is much more expensive - so for the money the Chord is a great value."     Yes I agree.  Nice cable for the the money to be sure.  When you have a system that's truly capable of resolving fine detail, The most subtle changes can often make a noticeable difference.  That said, it's always best to refer back to what you had before because sometimes those differences aren't a good thing.   I initially liked the Chord for what it did in the midrange, even...
Possibly, however two things stand out:  1. This is a used cable (Albeit in excellent condition), so it probably shouldn't require a full burn-in period.  2. I don't think I've heard any cable to date that sounded bassy fresh out of the box. Generally speaking most tend to sound a little lean and confused at first, then fill out over the burn-in period. The Lightspeed itself is something of a unique cable in that it truly does need well over 200hrs (300+ is recommended) to...
Odd, I use both JPlay and Fidelizer 6.1 daily without any problem to my Windows OS (8.1).   My Chord SilverPlus USB cable arrived earlier this week.  I promptly swapped out the Lightspeed with it and burned the Chord in for a full 30hrs before giving it a listen.   My initial impression was WoW! that BASS is HUGE....  Problem is throughout my testing that's all I kept thinking. The bass is quite pronounced with this cable and had a tendency to call attention to itself...
Oh it was a while ago... pretty close to two years back now.I have my HD800 plugged into an SPL Phonitor 2730B with Burson OPAMP's installed. One significant improvement was the addition of Stillpoints footers under the the amp.Prior to that I was thinking of modding my 800's to even out the top end, but not now.  The Stillpoints seem to help a lot with that on their own. As much as I like my LCD-3's, I tend to more often turn to the HD800 setup. Like you though, the vast...
I'm using the Stephan Audio Art Endorphin on my HD800.  Fantastic sounding cable! It took about three weeks from the time I placed the order to when I received it.Also ordered some XLR interconnects and a power cord to match.  Its expensive stuff for sure, but you kinda get what you pay for.
 Just ordered the same cable from usedcables.com for $89.00 + $14.50 Shipping to Canada.Nice thing is that it won't need much break-in time considering it's a previously used cable, so it'll be a fairly quick comparison to the LightSpeed.
+1   I've run the gamut of WireWorld USB cables, Blueberry Hill Audio cables, Belken Cables, plus a smattering of various others for good measure...  I finally settled on the Light Harmonic Lightspeed (split version) as my absolute favorite.  It took well over 200hrs to fully break in, but the wait was worth it!   Funny enough one of my favorite all-around cables is the Belken Gold Series USB.  It's easily one of the cheapest at around $15 (or less) for 6ft. length but...
Couldn't tell you with the U12 as I was already using the AC5 with the U10 and just swapped it with the 12 when it arrived.   That said, I haven't met a single piece of equipment yet that hasn't been improved with the use of a good quality PC. 99% of my system is powered through PS Audio AC12's, 10's, or 5's.