or Connect

Posts by Jamiee

Odd, My Mutec MC-3+ USB doesn't sound metallic at all on my Windows PC.   If anything it's by a fair amount the least Metallic (digital) sounding converter I've heard to date.I will say this though....  to get the best out of the Mutec, I have found (rather ironically) it's ideal to not use any audiophile software that may be installed on ones PC. -- Fidelizer, JPlay, Process Lasso, etc.... all seem to contribute to a more "digital" sounding result with the Mutec. YMMV,...
THIS:   MC-3+ Smart Clock USB   https://www.mutec-net.com/product_mc-3-plus-usb.php
I spent a good week with a stock SU-1 on loan from a friend just because I was curious to know if or by how much it would better the F-1.In all honesty, I thought it bettered the F-1 a little, but not enough to go order one.  I felt the improvement to some degree could easily be put down to the difference between using COAX output on the F-1, vs. AES/EBU XLR on the SU-1.  I didn't get around to really testing out COAX on the SU-1 unfortunately, because if I was going to...
A couple of comments....   1. The Singxer F-1 sounds better if you get the associated case for it (I have tried it naked ...and with the case -- get the case!) - definitely worth paying a little extra for.... Not to mention it protects the board      2. As good as the F-1 is (it remains one of the top budget-to-mid-level converters I've tried), the Mutec is simply better.  It costs considerably more, but it is worth it!  It's one of those devices that I think would...
Perpetual broke-ness is a side effect of this hobby....  Better get used to it 
I still say Yggy is at it's absolute best with a pair of speakers. Not to say it doesn't do extremely well with headphones too...  Just that with a good pair of speakers you get to hear all of the Yggdrasil magic!
 I see a new toy coming mike ;)... Now price it at around half the cost of the Mutec (or less) and it will sell like hotcakes! I will be the first to admit that I'm not too crazy about having spent some $1,600 CAD + duty fees to get the Mutec here (trying to acquire one from within Canada is nearly impossible, so ordering from the US was the only viable option, and even then not all US retailers will ship this item to Canada),.... But after hearing what it can do... Well...
At the end of the day I only know what I know based on many years of experience with my own system and the various changes (edits if you will) that it has gone through. With regards to USB specifically, the Mutec has easily brought forward one of the more significant sonic improvements to date.    If it's something you might be interested in (even if it doesn't make a lot of technical sense to you), I suggest you read up some reviews on it.  Maybe even go so far as to...
In theory the Mutec MC-3+ should take in the incoming signal, re-clock it, act as the master clock, ultimately telling the Yggdrasil to skip it's own internal clocking.  I say "in theory" because I can't be 100% sure it's actually working this way...   What I can tell you is the following:   I have over time tried three digital connection methods to my own Yggdrasil...  USB, COAX S/PDIF, AES/EBU. My preference - in order of sound quality has been (and continues to be)...
Got the Mutec MC-3+ USB reclocker inserted into the chain yesterday afternoon.....  yup, two enthusiastic thumbs up!    My Chain:  Win 10 Desktop PC >>> JCAT FEMTO USB Card (powered by JCAT Battery PSU) >>> Pachanko USB Absolution "Twin" cable >>> JCAT USB Isolator (An Intona Pro in a pretty case) >>> Pachanko USB Absolution "Link" cable >>> Mutec MC-3+ USB >>> MIT Proline Digital Reference AES Cable >>> Schiit Yggdrasil >>> MIT Terminator CVT Proline Cables >>> SPL...