or Connect

Posts by Jamiee

My first Yggdrasil (which eventually needed to be RMA'd) got stuck once. An initial two attempts at short power-downs (a few minutes each) were unsuccessful at resolving the problem. I had read about someone else having a similar problem and that they left their unit powered off overnight and that seemed to fix it. So I tried the same and it worked! That's why I say try powering down for a couple of hours or more. The poster mentioned that he moved his Yggdrisil to...
First:  Confirm that other inputs on the Yggy are working (is the front panel lighting up correctly?).   Second: Verify that there's no dirt, dust, or anything else causing a bad connection inside the USB port of the Yggdrasil.   Third: Power down the Yggdrasil and unplug from power for a few hours (up to 24) and see if that fixes the problem.   Fourth: If problem persists - Contact Schiit.     .... Hope all goes well  
My F-1 came in today.   So far I'm really liking it! (yes, even fresh out of the ESD bag). What I like about it is that (currently) it sounds very similar to the Stello U3, but a refreshed version in every respect.   I'm Curious to hear what the F-1 will bring to the table in 100hrs or so.  Guess I'll need to make a little case for it as well.      
I have had varying degrees of success using multiple re-clockers in-line.   In some cases the net result is very good, in others - Not so much.... (lack of dynamics etc...)     My current path is:  PC  >  JCAT USB Card (5v dissabled) >  Curious USB Cable  >  iFi Purifier v1  >  USB Regen ( UPS = DC-30W)  >  Curious Regen Link  >  Stello U3  > MIT Magnum Digital COAX  >  Yggdrasil.     If I so much as place an Audioquest Jitterbug (or seemingly any galvanic...
As someone once said..... "You don't know what your missing, until you've heard it".   So true....         .....Then again someone else said..... "Ignorance is bliss"     Also very true....               -
 Most people feel a good 6-7 days will do it. However my personal experience was that my Yggdrasil didn't fully come into its own until roughly 300 hours in (11-12 days). It's a lengthy journey, but one well worth taking IMO!
I recently switched to a SPL Volume 2 (Analog and fully balanced - XLR In/Out).   The Volume 2 replaces two passive attenuators (TC Electronic + Emotiva) that while good for their respective prices, were: (a) not quite as transparent to my ears as I would have liked, (b) both suffered from L/R channel imbalance at lower volume levels (C) both use pretty cheap volume pots that tend to crackle and make a static type sound when adjusting the volume after a couple of months...
Okay.... So some people seem to think the glitch is what gives Yggy it's magic. ....Well in that case, I'll gladly take some more glitching!   
This is true, but I would word it a little differently... All power cords are limited by the current coming from the wall, so it's probably better to say that: "a quality power cord is likely less current limiting than a stock (in-the-box) cable".
 The reason quality power cords have an audible effect on the gear they are plugged into is because they tend to act as a noise filter of sorts. This is both from AC line noise and from external EMI/RFI producing sources - Wall socket to audio equipment - (which is pretty much all around us to some extent). Most people don't realize that even the most expensive audio equipment pollutes the power grid - - So in actuality you are not only fighting noisy in-coming power,  but...