Posts by Jamiee

FYI, Yggy has one internal fuse near its power input socket.  If your unit is powering up, then it's definitely not a blown fuse related problem.   Personally, I would return it to the seller as quickly as you can for a full refund or send it into Schiit for repair at added cost and time to you.
Only other thing I can add is to switch-off the Yggdrasil for 15-20 mins (acts as a sort of reset) and see if that fixes the problem. If not....  being that this is a brand new out of the box unit, I would ask Schiit to do a straight swap with you. - As soon as they see your unit is on the way back to them, they will send you a replacement.  Hopefully they can do this for you, that way you're not without a Yggy for too long?
 There's no questioning Mike's status in the world of digital hi-fi, or his impressive technical prowess for that matter - but even he has said that Yggdrasil while being some of the best he can do right now; isn't quite perfect.   Lets face it... there's always a little room left for improvement, but the real question is at what cost?  Yggdrasil strikes an amazing price / performance balance.   It is by no means a cheap DAC, yet when you consider its sonic capability.......
Nonsense.... nothing is too expensive to mod  (so long as you accept the consequences if you brick it....)    I have been one of the daring ones and have done some "lite" (mostly reversible) modding to my Yggdrasil. - Replaced the stock fuse to a Furutech, tossed in some Stillpoints ERS, and added a number of WA Quantum chips to the capacitors etc.  Nothing too fancy, but the results are surprisingly good!   Yggy out of the box already does so many things so well...
  http://schiit.com/public/upload/general/yggy-pcb-1920.jpg
  I think he's referring to Schiit Gen 3 USB  ( not USB 3.0 ) .... And the BNC connector was / is a replacement part Schiit offered to customers who received one of the Yggy's  that got out with the wrongly spec'd part last year.  To my knowledge there are no other (Schiit) sanctioned modifications available for the Yggdrasil.- Well other than the occasional black sheep that gets released from the pen from time-to-time...   
Check his profile page  
 That brings up a good point..... With the MC3+ in-place, do also try toslink at some point. Right now I'm doing the following: (both configs being concurrently in place) 1.  PC (On board audio) >> Toslink >> MC3+USB >> AES/EBU >> Yggdrasil.2. PC (JCAT Femto USB Card) >> USB >> MC3+USB >> AES/EBU >> Yggdrasil. Of the two, #1 is my favorite.  I'm not talking huge differences, but the toslink connection just sounds a bit more alive, more balanced overall.The cable used does...
 Out of curiosity, what are you using now? Don't forget to let the MC3+ settle in for a bit.  It sounds pretty good out of the box, but I found it became a bit more relaxed and even slightly more coherent sounding over the span of a week or so (I keep mine on 24/7).  Looking forward to your review :)
I agree, spend your money on items in the sonic chain before and after the Yggdrasil and you just might be rewarded! Unless there's an absolute need for a feature the Yggy doesn't have, you'd be kinda crazy to give it up IMO      .... In other words.... tame the upgraditis