Posts by Jamiee

USB converters: Anedio U2 (1) Audio GD DI-V3+DIPSU (1) Audiophileo (2) Fiio E10 (1) Halide Bridge (3) KingRex UC384 32/384 Async USB Converter with AES/EBU (1) Music Fidelity VLink 192 (3) Stello U3 (7) USBridge 192 (1) Yulong U18 Asynchronous 24bit 192khz USB Digital Interface (1)     Budget/Entry level (Below $1000): Ack DAC 1.0 (1) AD Labs RD-26(1) Audio-GD DAC19DF (1) Audio-GD DAC19DSP...
USB converters Anedio U2 (1) Audiophileo (1) Halide Bridge (3) KingRex UC384 32/384 Async USB Converter with AES/ EBU (1) Music Fidelity VLink 192 (2) Stello U3 (4) USBridge 192 (1) Yulong U18 Asynchronous 24bit 192khz USB Digital Interface (1) Budget/Entry level (Below $1000): Ack DAC 1.0 (1) Audio-GD DAC19DF (1) Audio-GD NFB 1.32 (1) Audio-GD NFB 11.32 (2) Audio-GD NFB-2 (1) Audio-GD NFB-2.32 (3) Audioengine...
Budget/Entry level (Below $1000):   Audio-gd DAC19DF (1) Audio-GD NFB 1.32 (1) Audio-GD NFB-2.32 (1) Audiolab M-DAC (4) Audioquest Dragonfly(3) Cambridge DACmagic Plus (3) Cambridge DACmagic (1) Centrance DACport LX (1) Channel Islands VDA2 & VAC1 (1) FiiO E17 (1) Fostex HP-P1 portable amp/DAC (1) Headroom Micro DAC (2) iFi Audio iDac (2) JDS Labs ODAC (3) Keces DA131 (1) Lavry DA10 (1) Maverick...
champ,   My experience with power conditioners is that if done properly they can be a benefit to ones audio setup. The key being that they have to be well designed and really geared towards audio. Sadly many aren't... While using one you may hear some improvement in your system, but there can also be the trade-offs that you've read about.     Each situation will be unique and you'd have to judge the usefulness of a given power conditioner in that...
One thing I can say for sure is that my own HD800 has scaled up commensurate with every improvement I've put in front of it over the past two years....This last last week probably being some of the most enlightening and revealing experience I have had in audio thus far.Installing the P5 power re-generator (not a conditioner in the traditional sense) as well as bevy of HiFi Tuning fuses in the P5 as well as both of my headphone amps (SPL Phonitor, Cavalli Audio liquid...
Anybody know if the pair of fuses in the Liquid Fire IEC socket is FAST or SLOW blow?     Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to our American cousins    BTW, I'm proud to be Canadian... BUT what's with all the radio stations playing Christmas music already???  ... FAR TOO EARLY!  
I just put a PS Audio P5 Power Plant (with HF-Tuning fuse) into my system and must say it's done wonders with my SPL Phonitor and HD800.  I thought the HD800 had already just about peaked..... WRONG!   Those that say the HD800 is bright really must have a hard look at everything that's in front of it - including the power coming out of the wall. They aren't overly hard to drive, but they are very picky about what's driving them    "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry...
Here in Canada the UD-H01 is $499 and the M-DAC is $899... So the price gap is slightly closer.   I plugged my UD-H01 back in today, making sure to plug it into the the same HDP1800 as my M-DAC. Like the M-DAC the sonic performance did improve across the board compared to having it plugged into a UPS, yet however good the HD-H01 sounds, the M-DAC really is just that much better.  There's something inherently more refined to M-DAC's sound.  It's more unconstrained...
Interestinly enough, last night I decided to swap the M-DAC back into my system. This time for the sake of a quick power plug-in, I plugged it into my Monster PowerCenter HDP1800 (yes I know... I use it as an easy power on/off switcher for my powered desktop speakers). Previously I had the M-DAC plugged into a UPS.   What shocked me is how improved it sounds!  I wasn't expecting that at all...   The midrange that seemd a little too recessed, slightly hazy, and a...
Picked up one of these the other day just for the heck of it.   So far I'm not finding it quite as easy to work with as my Audiolab M-DAC (USB drivers need some updating... Not able to get 192kHz on Windows 8), and the clicking noise when the unit switches between the input frequencies is kind of annoying.  BUT... I will say it's sound is quite lovely, and I'm thinking that with a few more days burn-in time, it will sound very good indeed.   The UD-H01 is perhaps...