or Connect

Posts by jeffyh

Can't speak to all androids but of all the ones I've owned and tried, the headphone jack is severely lacking to the point that I prefer the use of bluetooth in my car. I figured that I'm loosing quality over bluetooth but it sounds great enough in a car. I've tried both an add-on (custom built, hardwired bluetooth chip to amp to line-in on HU) vs my new HU with built-in BT. I actually prefer sound of the custom build, but the built-in is good enough... If you want good...
 Confused... just read Wikipedia's EMI & EMI Filters and no longer sure where the root of the issue is then. What would need to be changed to eliminate the noise? Do I shield the amp IC?
I have a Topping NX1 and it's RF shielding is non-existent I think. I have it paired to my samsung galaxy s3 and the 4G radio is causing the issues. When I switch to 3G there is no perceptible interference.   Verizon frequencies:    3G: 850/1900 MHz    4G: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1700/2100 MHz   I did some basic research on RF shielding electronic components, but I'm a little confused. Has anyone ever done this before or could you provide some useful links as to how one...
Thanks, did not know about that. Whatever, I bought the dx90. Seems really solid. Love the fact that it uses s3 batteries cause I carry 3 spares anywhere I go.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I just found out the rumor that the DX90 is to be discontinued... I've been meaning to pick one up for a while, but the fact that it might be discontinued makes me wonder if there's something new coming in the same price point that'd be worth waiting for. $500 is a lot for me to spend knowing that it might be outdated in a few.   When i discovered iPod G5 with LOD/AMP i was blown away as it was my first intro to descent sound. I now use HiFiMeDIY sabre usb dac & amp on...
still have it?
 First off... I just realized I bought the ER6s not the 4s. No idea how those sound, so unless the signature is similar I guess my opinion is moot. Thanks for that info on Ety vs UE, now I know why. I found the UE super.fi 5 (rebranded as 600) on my quest of slowly spending more $$ on IEMs before i considered myself into SQ. I guess the fact that the ER6s are better sonically just help my case that likability is subjective. Out of curiousity, I always listen with a flat EQ...
Man, i bought a pair of these when I lost my UE super.fi 5 years and years ago based on head-fi's reviews, and couldn't be more displeased... There was something about the SQ that just made me mad. I think they just sounded tinny. I literally did everything I could to "accidentally" loose them so I could justify new IEMs. I then proceeded to buy 4 pairs of the UE 600s after they discontinued them.   On the upside, the ER4* were THE headphone that made me realize just...
I was shopping for a new portable DAC/AMP and came across this little interesting IEM with a built-in DAC that plugs into the micro usb port of android phones with OTG audio out capabilities. Granted it probably won't perform like a USB DAC/amp combo on a phone but the size seems like it could potentially justify some of the hit to SQ. Solely for portability, getting rid of the distortion at higher levels normally found via the headphone jack seems like a big selling...
I was just handed (2) JBL 2235H loudspeakers and don't know what to do with them. Is anyone familiar with these? I'm wondering if they're worth it for a DIY project or if it's better to sell/toss em.   I've built custom enclosures for cars but haven't fully delved into the technical world of speaker building as far as what the tech specs mean and such. So ultimately, I don't know if these are good drivers or not.   JBL's...