Posts by frix

The weak point of the Q20 in terms of SQ is its treble. How is the treble of the Q25.
looks like bose did a good job improving the Q15.   I few weeks ago I bought their in-ear QC20 which is also nice. Still makes me wonder if I should go for the QC25 now 
hell, I thought the momentum on-ear was already way too bassy. And it wasn't advertised as being a bassy headphone.   Don't wanna imagine how bassy those are going to be :(
yes the sound quality is great. Other than that this IEM has way too many shortcomings for its price which were hardly mentioned. This review feels more like an advertisment. Welcome to head-fi...
recently got the QC20, the innerfidelity review is way more spot.   Of course, sound quality is not high-end. But it's a well balanced sound signature which feels a little veiled and loses some seperaration when the music is getting very complex.   Theri Noise canceling is impressive and filters out a lot of low freq noise and even voices sound more distant, but don't expect it to cancel out all noise below hearing threshold level. That's just not possible today.
I did not replace mine. Somebody on the german hifi forum had his IE800 replaced seven times because of the cable becoming stiff all the time (he used to wear them over the ear). I think he contacted sennheiser directly. He also told that they solved the problem with the cable for the models with serial number 20000+
yes sure, It's a known problem to sennheiser.
After a test period of two weeks I returned mine.  Too many drawbacks for the price.   1. No secure fit for me 2. Strong microfonics, not possible to wear them over the ear due to the Y-splitter 3. Below average isolation for an in-ear 4. Exciting sound, but becomes fatiguing after some time. Just a bit too much of a sub-bass boost and (especially) treble boost   If you just listen to them while seated being at home in a quiet environment they are great. But on the...
haha...oh yea I see the possibilites 
Currently I'm comparing how the IE800 vs. HD800 does female vocals (emiliana torrini) I have to say the IE800 is just stunning in that department.   The IE800 does it better in my opinion. Emiliana sounds so clear, while still being soft and natural.