or Connect

Posts by BobJS

-
No
Once again, I'll chime in with SE vs. balanced....   There is no intrinsic value for balanced over SE over reasonably short cable runs...... Crosstalk is most certainly negligble for 4-8 ft. runs.      The real advantage for balanced is simply that it lets one take advantage of a balanced amplifier whose balanced output is probably (though not necessarily) superior than it's single ended output.  And the balanced output of a given amplifier may be better or worse than...
 Surprised you how on the W60?  Too little bass or too much?
Why would you be suspicious?  I went back and looked up my order of these and found I bought them in May 2012 for $319 and change.
 http://www.cavalliaudio.com/ Final production run.
 If it were me, I'd keep the headphones and kick her out.
Having owned both of these for some time I agree with much that has been said and would not sell either one.  In addition, my summary :   IE800: More accurate sound. More linear FR.  These would be SOO much more  pleasant if the cable length to the Y were longer.  Cable management is a bitch.   SE846:  More enjoyable sound. Lush mids, good foundation bass.  I listen to these the most.
 Ditto.  Spinfit wouldn't provide a good seal for me. (Largest size wasn't large enough)
 That's the path I took.