Posts by 3l3tric

I wish I could have seen the NIN/Soundgarden concert. A friend of mine went and said he absolutely loved it. The Fragile is one of my favorite albums of all time, even over the AIC Unplugged album.And to each his own, lol. Part of my preference for G1217 amps is the DIY aspect of it, as I love soldering. Right now, my whole desktop chain, save for the phones, is DIY.
I didn't mean to, I swear! Haha.I'm considering using a Pimeta V2 board that I have laying around for a portable amp for these phones, since I'm moving to IEMs for full-time portable use.  Why did you sell the Ember, though? I don't feel like navigating through this whole thread again to find out, but I'm using the Ember's little brother, the Sunrise III, for these phones, and the sound is phenomenal. I can't really think of anything I'd change. EDIT: I just saw the album...
In case anyone was curious, the Fiio X3 on high gain setting is actually able to drive the HE-4. Bass response is fairly anemic, but there's no clipping which is nice.
A bit late to the party, man.They're supposed to have already picked a name.
Is the PIMETA V2 site not working for anyone else? Everything on Tangent's site seems to be giving a 403: Forbidden error. I found the site on the Internet Archive, but I'm curious as to if the site is working for anyone else.
This delay is flat-out killing me! Even better than that, since a lot of people either listed multiple names or repeated an earlier name.
Find more info in the AMB announcement thread here. Basics: -Will use the Zeta1 USB-I2S interface, rather than the old Burr-Brown chip used for USB in the y1/y2 DACs -Will use the Wolfson WM8740 in hardware mode -Includes analog output stage based on y2's stage and a dedicated headphone amplifier based on the Mini^3 -Powered exclusively by USB -Intended to fit in the same enclosure as the y1 standalone sandwich configuration -Non-upsampling, with 2 onboard crystals...
The main point of the article is the conductivity table, which shows Rhodium and Nickel as almost 3X less conductive than Copper. The rest of the article is really subjective, and I'd love to see what equipment they used to evaluate those sounds (IE: Senn HD600 and a single ended amp vs a STAX SR-009 and appropriate balanced amp), but the graph does tell a lot about metal v metal as far as conductivity goes.I just wish I could understand why solid Ag RCA plugs exist but...
What TRS plugs do you guys use? I've been on the hunt for high quality 1/4 inch TRS plugs (I need one for a custom cable for my HE-4), but I can't seem to find any that use high quality metals (copper or silver), other than gold-plated rhodium connectors or something like that. I know such RCA connectors exist (here and here), but the only TRS plugs I can find seem to be gold/silver plated rhodium or nickel or something similar (which, according to this, would be highly...
Due to the blue glow on top of the amp, I'll have to go with the Apex Everest.