Posts by 3l3tric

Alright, thanks.After further research, I found a design that uses Zenerdiodes in combination with resistors and LEDs to conduct the indication.Each zenerdiode's tolerance voltage goes up, from the battery-nearly-dead voltage to the battery-nearly-full voltage.I looked on digikey, and they seem to have all the necessary parts in a good accuracy space (I found 9.0V, 9.1V, 9.6V, 9.3V, 9.4V, and others).Is there something I'm missing that would result in this circuit not...
Thanks! One question, though: How would I go about running the indicator with only 5 LEDs? I don't have room for and really don't want all 10.
How easy would it be to both power the chip and measure battery charge with it?I coud be reading wrong, but it sounds like the source is only measurable between 0-5V, not 9.6.EDIT: Nevermind, I was looking at an example diagram.My question about the input measuring battery charge and the whole chip being powered by the same battery still stands, though
Question for you guys: I want to integrate a battery charge indicator board to my amplifier. I want it to have 4-5 LEDs and a push button that, when pushed, lights up the LEDs to indicate the charge. 5 LEDs would be 100-81%, 4 80-61%, so on. I found the link below, but it looks like this board is for 5V batteries, instead of the 9.6V setup I have. Any...
As a second user input opinion, I'd prefer for soniccircle's suggestion to be implemented as a switchable feature, as I personally prefer for my artists to be sorted by the first letter of their name.
That's an excellent idea!I wouldn't necessarily count out the reviewing part of the site, though. We could put comprehensive reviews of different DIY equipment and articles about different DIY related stuff like cable braiding, DIY cable building, soldering techniques, opamp reviews, and the like.
I'd be up for this.Assuming you are too, 8 to go. Lol.But reading the rest of what you stated, the price point is a tad bit meh. I thought about it a bit, and maybe (with tangent's blessing) we could get another DIYer with a storefront to carry the boards?Ti Kan (AMB) has a pretty robust storefront already with multiple boards and other products for sale. Although I'm not sure how keen he'd be on selling a second 3-channel board (his M^3 design is also 3 channel).
It's a Pelican case, I'm not sure of the exact model number. I'd look it up right now, but I'm currently working on a writeup for this, as I'm entering the amp in a contest (not stating that I designed it, but a contest for assembling and writing about an electronics kit design that someone else created, if that makes sense). It's in the micro series, I believe. 101 maybe? And it is (was) waterproof. However, that rubber rim you see used to be a distinct rubber boot that...
As promised, pics:     I will attest, the battery connector is a little bit messy, but it was the best solution I have right now (as I don't have a molex connector for that part of the board.) The batteries are charging right now on the trickle charger. I ensured that all contact points match up. The upper 9V connector looks wrong just because the orientation got reversed when the connector "jumped over," so to speak. (Black became the V+, Red became common). The...
Finally finished my PV2! I opted to switch the default Serpac enclosure with something a bit more... sturdy, since all my components blatantly refused to fit in the serpac and full pocketable mobility wasn't of prime importance. Pics to follow, but here are the basic specs: -Default ADZ8620/8610 Opamp pair -2 Panasonic 1000uF Electrolytic rail caps -1mA Class-A Bias Current -Slightly oversized WIMA Film caps for C4 (lol) -2x 4xAAA 9.6V Battery Bank (over 2K...