Posts by blankdisc

very good question. i just checked Hifiman's web site www.head-direct.com. it has a 30 refund policy. :-)   http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=115    
HE-6 does NOT need a 100 watt power amplifier to shine. Ppl started to use power amp to drive the HE-6 simply because there was NO headphone amplifier available before that can even puts out 5W into 50 ohm. Even if there was, the amount of current is usually not enough for Orthoes. Yes, HE-6 does sound pretty good with Power amps. that's the reason why EF6 is actually a power amp design too. However, power amps are designed for speakers, but not headphones. The amount of...
Hifiman has recently added an extra layer of form in their new leather pads. it should resolve this issue for most of ppl.  The HE-400 i am wearing right now comes with this type of leather pads.    
I will do more comparison with Hifiman's EF-5 amp after the holiday. I left it in my office.
There is a mistake on their web site. The actual weight of the amp is 23.7 pounds. I have informed Fang about that.    
btw, there is a mistake on Head Direct web site. The actual weight is 23.7 pounds. I have informed Fang about the mistake.    
oh, that's what he meant. see...the truth is that it's not always about power. Yes, HE-6 needs a lot of power to dance, but Power or Watts is not everything. If it was, you would think that companies like Woo Audio or Red Wine Audio would have run out of business long time ago. :-)    
I helped Fang to demo the prototype EF6 at both the Canjam show and NY meets this year. The feedback is quite positive. Schiit Audio, which is also a very new company, surprised everyone last year with their amp LYR. i think EF6 is kind of in the same boat. well...we will see. :-)
Hifiman's new amplifier EF6 (see link below). Fang just came to the States couple days ago to prepare for their upcoming CES show. After i heard the news, i immediately called him, and he was generous enough to let me borrow their new product HE-400 and EF6 for a while.    http://www.head-fi.org/t/586887/hifiman-ef6-is-finally-out#post_8000953    
really?? please please post some impression after you have it. :-) it is on my list as well. i just wished that it could be a little easier to heard Kingwa's stuff in the states, and the shipping won't cost 10% of the gear. ^_^