Posts by blankdisc

that's kind of question that usually gets me into trouble. ^_^ Because no matter what I say, someone somewhere will figure out a way to argue that he or she has listened to another setup with another headphone that is way better.    There is no perfect headphone out there, and each person's hearing and music preference is different. I respect everyone's opinion. That being said since i said that i will try to answer everyone's question, i will go ahead and say "yes, on...
Fang arrived in the states last week to prepare for their CES show. I robbed his hotel room. :) I was told they are having a huge show.   Not planning to write any more, but will try to answer all your questions :)    
leather pads for sure, velour pads most likely not 100% sure. Leather pads now comes with an extra layer of foam inside, so in my opinion much better than the velour pads    
according to Fang they figured out a way to manufacture it in a way that requires much less manual work and can be produced much quickly, so the lower labor cost and high efficiency of manufacturing allows them to sell it at a much lower price and still make a profit.     
where is the hype? there is no hype. ^_^ there are only two posts on headfi about HE-400, and this one hasn't even passed 10 pages yet. i probably posted half of them. hehe....    
nope. it still has two magnets in each driver like HE-500/HE-6. HE-400 is completely different from HE-4. i told Fang that ppl might be confused because of the names. hehe...    
i had to return it back to Fang. Not going to write a review unless i can have it for at least one month. I am pretty Fang has already made some arrangements, and reviews from ppl much more famous than me are under way right now. :-P   I just wanted everyone to know that there is a good headphone on the block. If heavy weight, low sensitivity and high price tag have stopped you from tasting the addictive Ortho "drug", it might be a good time to look again.   btw, if i am...
The blue color on HE-400 looks very subtle in person. It's not BMW M3 Blue if you know what i mean. :)    
HE-500 is still the king of mids/vocal. :-) In comparison the mids of HE-400 is a little bit less refined and not as smooth. Although i really enjoyed listening to male vocal on HE-400 because of the extra bass.    I never liked the mids on HD650. too lay back and veil in my taste. In comparison the mids of HE-400 is more forward and involving.   
HE-400 actually is a total different headphone from HE-4, and it is better than HE-4 in my opinion.