Posts by montell

Customs are a waste of money if you ask me. There is a much wider choice for universal iems and I find it hard to believe that a custom can outperform a universal iem at the same price point. IEMs are just more flexible. You can read reviews about them then surf ebay and buy them. No need to go through the whole process of making a custom mold. And if you are really that concerned with fit issues then you can always get a custom sleeve for your IEM. Also customs look...
Such high ends portable devices already do exists. For starters you got those high end kenwoods going around for like $600 for a measly 60gb. You also have the pacemaker for similar price. Then theres the iriver h120. And finally you have an imod. I have to check again but I also believe some portable phones come with a digital line out. Are these devices popular, even on head-fi? No. And they are probally not worth the money anyway. Portable device can never sound hifi....
One guy in this topic is right. The Head-Fi community consists of a bunch of regular guys who bought ipods and just wanted to have better earbuds. Hydrogen audio is really where you should be at. That is where the real pro's are.
In the $200 range I'd say SA6. People equate lack of bass from the ER4 as analytical, transparant, neutral sound. I'd say the SA6 is the most balanced and flat sound out of any IEM I tried. ER4 just sounds thin, boring and unnatural to me.
I'd like to try both of them out but in my opinion they are not worth $350 and $250 each. Why should I go for those prices when I can go for the SA6 at $200 (wich I did but sold them out of disappointment)? In fact if I pay $50 extra I would get the w3 Yes, I am aware there was a sale on these items but that was temporarily and for American customers only. I would like to try one of the out though for $125.
Dude just pick one. They differences between all of them arent really that huge. Its mostly a difference in sound signature not SQ. Just pick the PK1 if you want the best SQ and are going to use an amp. The PK3 if you want the best value, warm earbuds without using an amp. As for the PK2 I just really cant recommend them. If you dont want to believe me then fine. But my opinion is just as valid as the opinion of the guy who did the review. If you dont want to believe...
Quote: Originally Posted by penartur As i have heard from various reviews, CM700 are far better than PK2 (and PK2 are better than PK3)... If i will ask for refund for CM700, it will give me about US$110, so this is not such a problem Hmm... but Mylarone HRx seems to be the same as Yuin PKx, even the specs are the same. Unfortunately, i cannot find direct comparison of these, only HR1 and HR2 to PK3 comparison. However, HR1 for $155 incl.shipping...
I would definately recommend the PK3. The are the best value and in my opinion sounds much better then the PK2. The difference in sound signature between the PK3 and PK2 is the difference between foams/donuts/nothing for your PK3 and perhaps a tweak in EQ from your ipod. But vica verca you cannot make the PK2 sound like the PK3 since you cannot compensate the bass with a modification in foams or EQ. I would recommend mylarone crossroads hr series over any earbud from the...
Quote: Originally Posted by i_don't_know First of all, SA6 uses a BA driver. And the answer to your question is masterful engineering. Ok my bad. And I even own the SA6. Talk about being dumb
If balanced armatures are technically better then dynamic drivers how can earphones like SA6 and IE8 can compete with the highest end of the earphones if they use a technically worse driver? I still dont get that. And how much tweaking can you really do with just a single driver? What defines the SQ? Is it the amount of drivers? The type of drivers?