Posts by MikeW

gtfo   ░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄ ░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█ ░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█ ░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█ █▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█ █▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█ ░█▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█ ░░█░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█ ░░░█░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█ ░░░░█░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░███████░█ ░░░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█ ░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█ ░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░█ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░█
I know someone here is just dying to upgrade your Digital Interface to one of those fancy pants Audiophileo interfaces.. I can help! sell me your DI, PM me!   This might seem obvious, and I don't know if it's been mentioned yet..   For those who have drop-outs, and your runing a system with multiple hard drives, or like me a App/OS SSD and standard HDD for music..   Make sure windows is not putting your music hard drive to "sleep" it will do this after about...
Im gonna go for the Audio GD then, try to be patient and get one used, even better value!
PRP resistors sound nice in these at a decent price.. I use Texas Components Resistors in mine, but they are very boutique and quite pricey.. they made a world of difference though, but I've got a Chameleon.
Think im gonna go with Audio GD DI afterall..   U3 is to close in price to A2..   DI is better then V-link/Hiface, and compares well to Halide Bridge, is more versitile as well..   U3/A2 is no doubt better, but i just can't justify the cost right now. Not when these devices are just getting started good, and will be 150$ in 2 years, im not made of money, don't want to take that kinda hit.   I did alot of reading on U3 over last few days, from what i...
just stay patient and watch the f/s forum here under amplification.. you'll find a great deal if you just wait. I know that can be hard though..
Recently tried LME49990 in my EF-5.. enjoying them very much, I like them more then AD797BRZ.. they are about 3$ each at digikey :D paired with Tung-Sol Black Glass.. a faboulous tube.   Anyone compared black glass to the Full music ? I have not heard that one yet..   I've got a Mullard Short plate, Amperex, Tung Sol Black Glass, RCA Clear Top, and Brimar..   Black glass generaly wins hands down, no matter the op-amp. RCA second, then Short plate, brimar, and...
Looking for an "A" version digital interface, no psu needed. Please PM me if you have one for sale!   edit: if you have one with a PSU im still interested, prices negotiable!
thanks Tim3320070 that's really useful information. wish there was more direct comparisons like that, there is a really huge price difference here... 140$ vs 580$.. might be smarter to buy the 140$ device now and a 200$ device 3 years from now when they are cheap as chips and sold at the corner store.. it's only a matter of time before an Async device is commercialized (it's already happening, V-link) and improved upon enough to be cheap.. soon as one of the major...
Really? i can't believe that's your argument against it. I don't think i own a single hi-res audio file in my entire library. I don't watch movies on my PC, and even if I did you can set windows to automatically resample to 44.1 for anything directsound (gaming, movies etc).    I don't use DSP's or EQ's, i prefer a pure, bit-perfect, redbook 44.1 stream.    Not to mention that high res music, downsampled to 44.1 sounds better on this thing then Hiface.. This...