Posts by MikeW

Coming from another computer enthusiast, who also has a I7 920 (D0 Stepping) @ 4 Ghz, i call BS on this.   For one, the 5870 was not nearly twice the cost of the 5850. It was at most 100$ more, likely closer to 75$. And yes, there was about a 10% performance lead. We're talking 300$ vs 350, or 350 vrs 400$ here..   Also, yes you can use bios updates and overclock a 5850 to stock 5870 performance or higher, however the 5870 can overclock that much further and maintain...
the PSRR on the 02 is so insanely good that the power supply hardly matters at all. Why a design like this can't be done on other gear? Why do we need 400$ separate boxes for PSU? Hell if I know, the O2 outperforms those models, with it's mere 10$ wallwart, no excess needed.   600 euro graphics cards? what is that like 800 usd?   The only graphics cards at that price are Dual GPU on a single card solutions, and the performance gain is more like 70%.   The next closest...
The stock case is quite sturdy. Honestly, it looks like it could easily withstand a 5 foot drop onto pavement. Especially as light as the unit is. As far as internal build quality?   I built it myself, I took my time, and I used good quality solder and parts. It's built extremely well. Proudly, made in the USA.   The only thing that could be improved is the jacks, and rear plugs for power/input. But this was designed for mobile use, not desktop. So all the front...
might want to sell your vio b4 you destroy it lol :) nobodies gonna want it if you tell the world how your 85$ amp matched a 1000$ amp.   edit: im being a little sarcastic, a half truth. I don't really think you'd have a hard time selling it though :)
Schitt is FOTM around here right now, so it might be hard to find an objective opinion. 
Well, if your budget is 100$ - the v-link fits perfectly at 99$ shipped with no tax. :)   im pretty sure the 1212m and even 0404 have transfomer coupled spdif output.
9 out of 10 people are really dumb when it comes to TV's. They don't do research, they don't know what they are buying, they don't know anything. They goto the store, and look at the TV's the one with the brightest, most oversaturated colors wins. Not to mention the daisy chain of a cheap dvd player split 100 ways   any plasma made in the last 2 years is thin, relatively  light, and uses about 40% less power then older models. This of course refers to the Mid- to...
well, with a domain name like headphone.com I think it's expected that they sell headphones. I would not be surprised at all if 90% of their business was selling other people's wares. I don't think there's anything wrong with it myself. They are in business to make money afterall, and I bet they make more then many specialized amp builders. You think Ray Samual audio or audio gd make as much bottom line as they do?    Supposedly LG's got an OLED due out in june,...
http://www.amazon.com/Musical-Fidelity-MFVLINK-V-Link/dp/B004PH03GU   or    http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USBface/Digital1EN.htm   either of the above, will likely easily beat any sound card spdif. The v-link is right at your budget, the cheapest version of the audio-gd interface is about 170$ shipped.   I just upgraded from a X-FI Coax out (Flexi Jack 1/8 to coax) using a custom cable from bluejeans (1/8 to RCA) with their...
yes. though it will be a pretty ho-hum SPDIF source. I'd look into a USB-SPDIF converter. The V-link is a good deal at 99$ if you can still find one. Yes, it's worth the few extra $$ over soundcard.    edit: http://www.amazon.com/Musical-Fidelity-MFVLINK-V-Link/dp/B004PH03GU