Posts by Paul Graham

Ok Folks, My PB2 is currently out of action, Its out of warranty and my budget is near on non existent at the moment!   So what I could really of with right now is a list of ALL PORTABLE fully balanced amplifiers that I can take a look at and weigh up my options.   Lower end of the price range would be preferable, Thanks!   Not a good day being had if Im honest! :(    Of course if anyone wants to donate the odd SR71B or whatever I think right now Ild probably bite...
 I didn't realise the DX50/DX90 was balanced....So in theory I could run this, Balanced straight to my iBasso PB2 without the need of a DAC in between the two?
 Its a pain in the arse eh?I found out something similar when I went out and bought the iPod 5.5g to go with the SOLO only to discover the older iPods won't handshake with any of the DAC's!Sods law!! lol... Anyway, Under $300 is going to make things interesting for sure. You could look at the prices on the Teac HA-50p, Or its Onkyo twin.Im unsure on the Sony price tags currently but the PH-A1 may be worth a look ;)
 Between Apple and Sony I don't have much else lol! ;) I take it you know the iBasso DAC section won't work with the iPod classic? I have only two DAC's that will handshake and thats the Cyperlabs Algorythm Solo and the Teac HA-50p.The Teac is a fantastic all-in-one solution and I'm really enjoying it right now. In single ended mode I would say the amp section is definitely up to par with the iBasso Pelican PB2 and Graham Slee Voyager.As for the DAC's the Solo has the...
A Few updates,    Ive toyed around with a few different setups,  But Ive settled for the following -    Ive moved all the drives to the bedroom and access them via my Mac Mini. This way I take the MacBook out of the equation & have just one server.   The Sony Vaio VGX-TP1e arrived and I now have it set up as close as I can to my liking,  Im just getting back to grips with Windows and MCE again after years of  having an Apple ONLY household. Its a bit odd and the...
My ie8's never sounded so good!!   RB'd iPod 5.5g iBasso Pelican PB2 Sennheiser ie8 Mundorf Gold LOD Balanced Viper       iPod Classic 7G Teac HA-50p Sennheiser Amperior FAW Digital LOD Balanced White Widow Single Ended Adaptor ( Also White Widow )  
iPod Touch G1 Teac HA-50p V-Moda V80 FAW Digital LOD     In the background -    RockBox'd iPod 5.5g Graham Slee Voyager Silver Leopard LOD
The cables alone would make an ananaconda feel inadequateequate!!Love it
Haha Cheers man! I really need to save some cash and go higher end than what Im currently running, But now we've moved money is tighter so I'll have to wait.... Right now I need to get an iPod Classic ( One in the pics is my wife's! ) and a DX50. I love my iPod 5.5g but its aged, and it won't handshake with any DAC. I'll get there eventually lol.....   However, If I had the money, I'ld go out and get an AK100 or RWAK100 right now. If Only there was such a thing as a...
 Looks amazing dude! :) For a moment I thought I was looking at a "Rudi Rig" :) :) :)