Posts by Paul Graham

My SR125i's arrived today, Not a huge upgrade but I've so far only heard the SR60, SR60i, iGrado & iGrado MKII ( E series ) Due to Crimbo my upgrade budget is all but gone so I jumped on these to see what the differences are as you move up the chain, They only cost me £60 with the extension and step down cable all included so I can't complain lol. iPod 5.5g vid Rockbox'd. Topping NX1. Silver leopard LOD. Grado SR125i
Looking at the original post and the list I made quickly. Ild narrow it down to the momentums, any of the Grados, the denons or the X1s. I'm basing that on comfort, a good present but not overwhelming bass and clean crisp highs. The grados have a more open soundstage with better imaging, where the momentums are more veiled but sound warmer. , the denons are my go to cans for EDM. The X1 l haven't heard but going off some reviews....
Problem for the OP is, if where he is is anything like Plymouth there's no where to audition headphones. Or at least not a very good collection...
Is that £100 or $100??? Anyway..... Sennheiser Momentum on-ear. Sennheiser HD25. You'll have to look well for these at this price mind and in good used cond. Sennheiser Urbanite. V-Moda M-80. Grado SR60, SR80 or SR125. Denon Urban Ravers. Audio Technica ATH M50x. Philips Fidelio X1. That's a starter list for you. All very good cans.
Its not supposed to charge an iDevice. 
There, All of the above :)
  They're the 50th Anniversary HD414.They've been lovingly looked after by their previous owner.I bought them from him on eBay.And they'll get the same from me :)

Yay, my SGs arrived in all their sexy woodiness......
Im a happy head-fier today!   1. My Pelican is alive again thanks to iBasso sending a brand new battery. 2. My Senn-Grado's arrived just after!     Rockbox'd iPod 5.5g  Mundorf Gold LOD iBasso Pelican PB2 Fully Balanced Senn-Grado ( Specs in My Senn-Grado Build Thread )    Listening to Jean Michel Jarre " Les Chants Magnetiques " & " Les Concerts En Chine " From my JMJ FLAC discography.   Right now, Im REALLY enjoying my new cans, They really are something...