Posts by gjkphd

Looking for one of these US only.   thanks
My 2 cents based on recent purchase of a Bellari 540.  I bought it for a bedroom rig I wanted to put together.  I have to tell you, with the right tube and phones I have enjoyed this amp soooo much,  to me the sound is crisper, clearer, with more micro details, than my main rig, which includes a tube amp costing 10 X the Bellari.  May be digital source is better than CD's is part of it.  But I have a Cowon X7 player filled with FLAC files, Ultrasone Ed. 8's with Signal...
I agree with the above.  You can't judge a headphone by it's color(ful graph).  I've had these phones for a week and I am thoroughly enjoying them.  They have a very big, fat soundstage and instruments sound quite real.  I had tried HF-2 and RS-1's and didn't prefer them to my trusty HHF-1's (which are HF-1's that have been woodied and recabled by Headphile).  The HF-500, in contrast, have a much tighter bass, full but not bloated.  I like the 'in your face' presentation...
And another thing, this thread taught me how to spell copestic  
Well, thanks for the post and replies.  I didn't bid on it but I was thinking about it. I knew there was a reason I'm doing this now instead of working!
not what I'd hoped to here but thanks,  The ease with which I can do music in my car has me spoiled.
that's a possibility thanks, do you know a portable DAP that accepts that micro SD?
no responses in the amp forum so I'll try here   My car has a USB input option.  I didn't know this was possible but learned that I can plug in a music filled flash drive into this USB port and it plays great through the car stereo.  Now I"m wondering if there is a portable device that I can plug the flashdrive into and play through headphones.  I did some preliminary web search.  I found the NUForce Mobile for instance.  On the diagram there's a USB port but...
My car has a USB input option.  I didn't know this was possible but learned that I can plug in a music filled flash drive into this USB port and it plays great through the car stereo.  Now I"m wondering if there is a portable device that I can plug the falshdrive into and play through headphones.  I did some preliminary web search.  I found the NUForce Mobile for instance.  On the diagram there's a USB port but it's the smaller plug that gets attached while the flash...
yeah, I was thinking of getting those for my bedside rig