or Connect

Posts by gjkphd

From DNA website-- The DNA Sonett 2 vacuum tube headphone amplifier builds on the musicality of the original Sonett while providing greater power and control into low and high impedance headphones. This is accomplished through the operation of dual 6H30 tubes in parallel single ended triode mode. Drawing on experience gathered during the development of the Stratus, the Sonett 2 incorporates some similar components for greater "you are there" natural clarity,...
Looking for one of these US only.   thanks
My 2 cents based on recent purchase of a Bellari 540.  I bought it for a bedroom rig I wanted to put together.  I have to tell you, with the right tube and phones I have enjoyed this amp soooo much,  to me the sound is crisper, clearer, with more micro details, than my main rig, which includes a tube amp costing 10 X the Bellari.  May be digital source is better than CD's is part of it.  But I have a Cowon X7 player filled with FLAC files, Ultrasone Ed. 8's with Signal...
I agree with the above.  You can't judge a headphone by it's color(ful graph).  I've had these phones for a week and I am thoroughly enjoying them.  They have a very big, fat soundstage and instruments sound quite real.  I had tried HF-2 and RS-1's and didn't prefer them to my trusty HHF-1's (which are HF-1's that have been woodied and recabled by Headphile).  The HF-500, in contrast, have a much tighter bass, full but not bloated.  I like the 'in your face' presentation...
And another thing, this thread taught me how to spell copestic  
Well, thanks for the post and replies.  I didn't bid on it but I was thinking about it. I knew there was a reason I'm doing this now instead of working!
not what I'd hoped to here but thanks,  The ease with which I can do music in my car has me spoiled.
that's a possibility thanks, do you know a portable DAP that accepts that micro SD?
no responses in the amp forum so I'll try here   My car has a USB input option.  I didn't know this was possible but learned that I can plug in a music filled flash drive into this USB port and it plays great through the car stereo.  Now I"m wondering if there is a portable device that I can plug the flashdrive into and play through headphones.  I did some preliminary web search.  I found the NUForce Mobile for instance.  On the diagram there's a USB port but...
My car has a USB input option.  I didn't know this was possible but learned that I can plug in a music filled flash drive into this USB port and it plays great through the car stereo.  Now I"m wondering if there is a portable device that I can plug the falshdrive into and play through headphones.  I did some preliminary web search.  I found the NUForce Mobile for instance.  On the diagram there's a USB port but it's the smaller plug that gets attached while the flash...