Posts by xenithon

Are there perhaps any further listening impressions of the Mini? (in particular with the HD800)?
Thanks very much for the info. I would go with the Uber upgrade, yes. In terms of amps, I read a number of threads (both Schitt related and HD800 related) and while the Lyr 2 has far more power, I've read about synergy with the Valhalla as it is warmer. All in the ear of he beholder I suppose :-)
Hi all. I wanted to ask if anyone has tried a Schiit Audio pairing of amp and DAC with their HD800s. Specifically, the Valhalla 2 amp and Bifrost DAC.   I am currently looking to put together a minimalist desktop system - I know that this is not an “end game” system (budget won't permit at this stage) but from what I have read about the components separately, the combo should drive the headphones sufficiently well, without breaking the bank...and the Valhalla 2 would...
Hi there and thank you so much for the extremely useful info. I considered end-game amps like a Zana Deux et al, but apart from the cost of the amp, there are the additional costs of a separate source, balanced cabling , etc. That is something I cannot dive into at this stage hence the consideration of a smaller, more cost effective system. If going the WA7 route it would indeed be with the tube power supply and upgraded tubes - a relatively cost effective option. The...
Good afternoon all. I have taken a long hiatus from the hobby for the past few years....but it is good to be back :)   I recently picked up a pair of HD800's. I have owned a pair before and found them as detailed and exacting on source as frequently described. I am currently looking for an amp to pair with it, with a preference for tubes.   Rather than asking which amp I should go for (as there are plenty of threads on that), I wanted to ask more specifically about the...
Hi all   I have decided to part with my Nordost Heimdall RCA interconnects. These are, bar none, the best cables I have had the pleasure of hearing and owning. When I was looking for cables I read about the speed and transparency from Nordost cables but was worried they would be bright (which I am particularly sensitive to). I followed a hunch after speaking to some colleagues that said the Heimdall was the pick of the bunch, as it maintained speed and transparency but...
I am watching closely and awaiting the K812. Whilst many new technologies may be out there, it is sometimes good to go back to basic....I firmly believe that a dynamic driver still has much to offer and hopefully AKG can optimize and maximize this.   In regard to people climbing the ranks then disappearing - I am one of those. I went quiet after about a decade. Not because of speakers really, but because of priorities. Take a look at profiles, photos etc. of many of the...
Can anyone speculate how these will perform with the likes of the HRT MicroStreamer? I know orthos generally need a lot of juice, but wonder if - akin to how the Audeze LCD3 apparently worked brilliantly with the MicroStreamer (per the Positive Feedback review) - if the AD will perform similarly well with it.
Still available.
Pending