Posts by Hoax

I think my left driver has died already, In the beginning it was kinda the effect of a cable being broken. I switched the stock left and right on the cable and the left driver is still dead unless you cant switch left and right with the cable. Can anyone please let me know if you still hear sound if you switch left and right on the cable to the earcup ?   Edit -   The right cup still works with the cables swapped so I guess im pretty sure the left cup is dead :(
Thanks, I see someone been asking the same question on the first page already :)
I just setup the 103 and got a tiny issue I hope.. I got my set top box connected to the hdmi input at the back and I got the hdmi 1 output to my A/V receiver. I had sound and image (I disabled split mode on the 103 and set it in dual mode so A/V shouldnt get splitted) on my set top box but as soon as I insert a blu ray i seem to lose my sound. My yamaha receiver is one from the Aventage series. I dont get why im losing sound while switching to blu ray :(   Anyone...
  Thanks for the reply :)   The 7.1 switch seems like the way to go, its 499 USD though :( .. Guess I will either look into your last solution about using adapters or see if i can just connect the oppo to the yamaha   About recording sound from the Realiser, the last time I tried that I tried to record surround 5.1 directly from the optical output to optical in on my pc. Maybe in 2 channel mode things would sound the same but trying to catch the surround feeling didnt...
You're going to need more than just record the outputs of the Realiser. I tried that in the prir exchange thread some pages ago. You will also need some plugins (that I think Jurgen mentioned in that thread). If you just record it the entire surround/out of the head experience is gone. Even just playing back a mp3 at 128 bitrate sounds better than the result you would get. All the surround channels will just blend together in a very unatural way.   Anyways, im...
Just loaded it and had a quick test with the music loop (when clicking mode on remote) and soloing channels. Speaker positions sound good indeed! Will have to watch a movie tonight using this prir, Thanks for uploading :)
I got a Yamaha RX 810 Surround A/V Receiver, I was wondering how it would compare soundwise and in surround in movies with the BDP 103.   Should I get rid of it and connect my set top box and PS3 to the 103? Also would it be possible to just connect the BDP 103 to my receiver or would that be silly? Apart from sound quality and surround there's one drawback for sure for me and that's no optical input on the 103. It does have one on the 105 but I cant justify the...
Thanks, thats good and bad news :)   Bad news that my yamaha become useless already after a few months. Wish i found these oppo's sooner lol   I wonder about the sound difference though, my yamaha costed more than the oppo which is pretty much an all in one thing .. Has anyone tried and heard any difference between a dedicated yamaha surround amp and the oppo?
Hmm well in my early weeks of using the realiser I had 4 favorites that I just kept switching back and forth. Then in the end I only had 2 favorites that I kept switching alot everytime while I was watching tv/movies. And then was convinced that 1 prir was the best, I used that prir for about a month without no switching back and forth again. After a month I tried the other one again and suddenly the one I been using for a month sounded like crap, like there was no depth...
I just discovered the Oppo BDP 103 (there will also be a 105 focusing on audiophiles).   http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-103/   Will the 103 work directly with the realiser? Or should I connect it to my Yamaha AV Surround receiver (which is connected to the realiser) ?