Posts by Mike Dias

So every month I interview a live sound engineer for the UE University. I'm always asking about how they got started, about their gear, about their tours, and sometimes I even remember to ask for some tips and tricks about using in-ears live on stage. I usually talk with monitor engineers but sometimes check in with front of house engineers and studio engineers. I'm always blown away by just how much I really don't know. I'm constantly learning new things when I talk...
The new Portugal. The Man album is outstanding!
I'm speechless. Thank you Mike!
Hi everybody — Mike here from UE. I want to share some great news. We realize that we can always be more responsive and more engaged with the community and that we can do more at the meets. And in order to better serve the community, we know that we need help from the inside. So with that, we are pleased to announce that CEE TEE will be helping us in a more official role. He'll be our  head-fi UE Ambassador. And while you can still call on any of us for help, feel free...
Hat's off everyone. This is one of the most amazing stories I've ever heard of. The power of community is huge. And tangible.   Thank you to everyone who made this possible.
  Hi KevinF — can't wait to meet up and let you take a listen. Looking forward to setting you up with your new UE-4.   And just to clarify for the thread. If you buy something at the meet, we'll organize a free shoot with Dr. Julie Glick in Manhattan. If you don't buy at the meet, you're more than welcome to call Julie at anytime.
...and while we'll all be in the hall, someone will be winning the International Whistling Competition...     Next year lets plan a meet to coincide.   http://www.whistlingiwc.com/index.html
Hi Kenman345 — I don't think I'll be bringing the VRM's but I can see that we've done a bad job of explaining these so please allow me to talk about them briefly. This is a very niche-specific product for stage use only. The VRM's only reproduce frequencies from 105hZ to 9kHz. Nothing else. No sub bass. No overtones. No harmonics. Just the spectrum of the human voice. Since we've sold in-ears to every pop star imaginable in every country for over 15 years, we've learned a...
Yep. And since these are on a really strict MAP policy, you won't find them discounted anywhere but at the auction.   We'll also be offering a 20% discount on all of our customs as well as free impressions for anyone that buys during the meet. Actually, we'll be giving away impression coupons for the best audiologist in Manhattan. Almost the same thing... For anyone who can't make it to the meet but wants a great local audiologist, look no further than Dr. Julie Glick...
Actually, what I am saying is simply this: When you alter the length of the canal and the sound bores, you change the sound signature. The fit tips that manufactures provide do not change the canal length; nor do some 3rd party tips. But adding a custom sleeve does.