Posts by Mike Dias

Hi Kenman345 — I don't think I'll be bringing the VRM's but I can see that we've done a bad job of explaining these so please allow me to talk about them briefly. This is a very niche-specific product for stage use only. The VRM's only reproduce frequencies from 105hZ to 9kHz. Nothing else. No sub bass. No overtones. No harmonics. Just the spectrum of the human voice. Since we've sold in-ears to every pop star imaginable in every country for over 15 years, we've learned a...
Yep. And since these are on a really strict MAP policy, you won't find them discounted anywhere but at the auction.   We'll also be offering a 20% discount on all of our customs as well as free impressions for anyone that buys during the meet. Actually, we'll be giving away impression coupons for the best audiologist in Manhattan. Almost the same thing... For anyone who can't make it to the meet but wants a great local audiologist, look no further than Dr. Julie Glick...
Actually, what I am saying is simply this: When you alter the length of the canal and the sound bores, you change the sound signature. The fit tips that manufactures provide do not change the canal length; nor do some 3rd party tips. But adding a custom sleeve does.
  There's more to music than just notes   Have you ever really thought about the music that you listen to? I mean, how did you first hear of your favorite band? Or for that matter, how do you hear of any music really? There’s radio. There’s TV. There’s YouTube. There are music discovery programs and there are trusted DJ’s. And then there’s just old fashion word of mouth; great music moving from friend to friend.   But at the end of the day, if you really start...
Hi Everyone — Mike here from UE. Just getting everything ready for the show. If anyone has any special requests on things you'd like me to bring, please PM me.   Looking forward to chatting with everyone.   Until then,   Mike
Well said indeed my friend! Shall we also start talking about custom fit tips for universal in-ears in this post as well. It's the same issue. When you change the canal length, you alter EVERYTHING. Check this out:   http://ultimateearsuniversity.com/post/34652611534/custom-fit-tips
Hi everyone — so sorry about the buggy links on Where the Market is going parts I and II. Those have been fixed now so have at it. Bummer because those are some of the most exciting parts. Did you know that it takes 4-5 years for Sonion to build out their product line while it takes manufacturers about 18 months. Think about that for a second. That means that they need to know where the market is going 3 design cycles out...   Thanks again to Eric for sitting for...
Hi everyone — glad you're liking the post as much as I do! It's deep.   Say khbaur330162, just wanted to address your quote: "You'd almost think a man this passionate about BA's and hi-fi would design his own in-ear monitor and open up shop." Throughout one point or another, Eric and Sonion have had significant presence on almost every in-ear monitor shop. Would you rather work for just one or would you rather be involved with them all?
Hi everyone — Mike here from Ultimate Ears. I recently was lucky enough to talk shop with Eric Hruza, the Director of Pro Audio for Sonion. For those of you who are not familiar with that name, please allow me to set the stage for you. All in-ear monitors are driven by balanced armatures. And there are 2 primary companies that make all of the balanced armatures for this entire industry; Knowles and Sonion. So talking to Eric is literally like talking to Oz, The Great and...
Hi everyone - Mike here. I'm posting on behalf of my friend and colleague Bryce Carr who was at the 2013 SF Bay Area Meet last week:   "One of our favorite things to do at Ultimate Ears is to get out in the field and meet with those who use our products. Heading up to the CHANGfest this last weekend in the Bay Area proved to be a phenomenal experience. Being able to talk to everyone there about their specific products and their hope for the future of UE helps to...