Posts by Mike Dias

So glad you asked. 9:00am PST is what we consider the promotion start time. And the promotion is valid for the first order of each day — meaning the first order placed on Wednesday the 27th, Thursday the 28th and Friday the 29th. The order must be placed online because UE will be closed for the holidays and when an order is placed online, you and UE both receive notification. The order submitted closest to 9:00 am (but not before 9:00am) will be considered the winner for...
 My bad - thanks for catching that. I've updated the main thread to reflect the right date;) But best to just say it now, I'm going to post the discount code and some more rules on Tuesday afternoon anyways. 
Heads up!     As a special THANK YOU to our loyal UE customers, starting Wednesday 11/27 at 9am PST, Ultimate Ears will be offering 20% off of any UE Custom online purchase through Friday at 11:59pm PST.  In addition, the first order (starting at 9:00 am PST of each day) will be eligible* to receive a free Astell & Kern AK120 High Fidelity Music Player.  The winners will be chosen and announced on Monday December 2nd.    I'll post the code and URL here in this thread...
Hi everyone — Mike here from Ultimate Ears. As some of you may know, I write weekly educational articles and industry interviews for UE on their UE University site. I'm pasting in full the current article as it's the first part in a 4 part series dedicated to evaluating and comparing various in-ear monitors. I'm a firm believer in giving this community as much real information as possible because with that, you all are able to make the most informed decisions in order to...
 Oh man. This story just gets better and better. Will you PLEASE add some videos of your piano and maybe a few photos of the rolls? What a great endeavor, fixing up an old piano like that with your dad. I know what's going on my bucket list for my daughter in a few years from now.
A quick announcement. The UE 900s have just been awarded an iLounge Best of the Year Award for Headphone of the Year.
I hadn't heard about this CD. I'm looking at it now on Amazon. Is it worth picking up? Not so much detail on Amazon... Please advise.
So 18 months after this thread originally posted, Fatoumata Diawara continues to make international headlines.   Having kicked off the summer with a performance at Glastonbury, this year has seen her go on to crack the US, with a special on CNN to prove it. Not to mention brushing shoulders with Bill Clinton at the Clinton Global Citizens Awards, as well as performing alongside the Roots in New York! Earlier this month she shared the stage with Damon Albarn, Tony Allen,...
Now that's a great story! And so true. I guess I shouldn't eat sanwhiches in my bathrobe when listening or writing anymore... On that same note, anyone who is interested in reading more about reproducing pianos should check out The Pianola Institute They have a mind-boggling treasure trove of info on the Welte Mignons, Ducas, Ampicos, and Duo-Arts. Plus they have great recording samples. And actually, when I ran a search on Schnabel through the institute, it turns out that...
While this may appear to be a review of a recording released 13 years ago, I promise that the story is much bigger than that. And like Steve Schwartz of Classical Net said, "Given the importance of Debussy's piano music, as well as its popularity, I would consider this release one of the ten most important in the history of recording... You get an equivalent of having Bach play the 'Goldbergs' for you."   The first thing that you need to know about Claude Debussy: The...