Posts by Mike Dias

A quick announcement. The UE 900s have just been awarded an iLounge Best of the Year Award for Headphone of the Year.
I hadn't heard about this CD. I'm looking at it now on Amazon. Is it worth picking up? Not so much detail on Amazon... Please advise.
So 18 months after this thread originally posted, Fatoumata Diawara continues to make international headlines.   Having kicked off the summer with a performance at Glastonbury, this year has seen her go on to crack the US, with a special on CNN to prove it. Not to mention brushing shoulders with Bill Clinton at the Clinton Global Citizens Awards, as well as performing alongside the Roots in New York! Earlier this month she shared the stage with Damon Albarn, Tony Allen,...
Now that's a great story! And so true. I guess I shouldn't eat sanwhiches in my bathrobe when listening or writing anymore... On that same note, anyone who is interested in reading more about reproducing pianos should check out The Pianola Institute They have a mind-boggling treasure trove of info on the Welte Mignons, Ducas, Ampicos, and Duo-Arts. Plus they have great recording samples. And actually, when I ran a search on Schnabel through the institute, it turns out that...
While this may appear to be a review of a recording released 13 years ago, I promise that the story is much bigger than that. And like Steve Schwartz of Classical Net said, "Given the importance of Debussy's piano music, as well as its popularity, I would consider this release one of the ten most important in the history of recording... You get an equivalent of having Bach play the 'Goldbergs' for you."   The first thing that you need to know about Claude Debussy: The...
 Oh man — do I have news for you all... But I can't share it yet. Her manager asked that I make no announcements about the new album she's working on.... ;) So glad to see this thread get some new attention these last couple of days. A voice like that deserves it!
  Mark Johnson from Light & Sound just featured the UE-7's in a three page spread, and the piece was also teased on the magazine's cover. His review captures his experience from start to finish, including his fitting appointment, unboxing, audio testing, and UE’s superb customer service. He concludes that the UE 7 Pros are a very solid product, “made even better by the service that UE provides."   This postscript says it all:     Now I know that the 7 isn't the...
Portugal. The Man was asked to write the soundtrack for Red Bull's "Mission to the Edge of Space" documentary about Felix Baumgartner's space jump. The documentary debuts today on Rdio.   Here's a shot interview about penning the song: http://www.redbull.com/en/music/stories/1331615128861/portugal-the-man-oh-boy-red-bull-stratos   And here's the Rdio link to watch: http://www.rdio.com/redbullstratos   Oh Boy, the song, sounds epic from what I've heard so far. (But...
So glad you are feeling this. Here's one of her unreleased tracks. You can just see that soul pouring out.     And here's a live version of Firecracker filmed during the 2010 Americana Music Festival in Nashville, TN.  
Hey all — great news to share with all the members on this thread.   The Editors of Pro Audio Review have nominated the UE 900 for the 2013 PAR Excellence Award. Nominations for the 2013 PAR Excellence Awards were developed through the brain trust of PAR Editors and Contributors. Nominations were based on the "I want to own this" principle; gear selected should have a proven field track record, performed well via PAR's "real world" review process, or—in the case of...