Posts by Mike Dias

UE's in!    We're just going over the details now but can't wait to get back to the East Coast. (For those of you who didn't hear, I got transferred to Irvine and while the weather is outstanding, nothing beats spring in NY!) 
The 900's are going strong and there are no plans to not sell them. Actually, I have even better news. We now sell the 900's from our main custom lab in irvine so everyone in the community can call us directly and well ship them out to you. Same phenomenal customer service that we're known on the boards for. Same personalized attention. Same as buying a custom. Only faster. Call your regular sales rep or get in touch with me personally and I'll route your request...
Of course I'll keep up with the music features! That's my favorite pass time. I'm wrapping up the details on two at the moment actually. One is on the sound engineer for Justin Vernon (Bon Iver, Volcano Choir, the Shouting Matches, etc..) and the other showcases the solo works of Roger O'Donnell, the keyboardist from The Cure. Sorry but you guys are stuck with these features for a long time. 
We just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who made the 2014 MoFi Mobile Fidelity Show a success.Big thanks to the organizers, the vendors, and especially — all the audiophiles who showed up. We also wanted to give a huge thank you to the team at SoundCat, our official UE Dealer in South Korea. Looking forward to hearing more great news about the event and here's to already planning for 2015.    
I'm horrible with time but I feel like I've been a part of this community for at least 8 years. Maybe longer, it's hard to say. I've watched the site grow. I've watched the meets grow (I remember running into Ray at a local meet when he was first starting out so it must have been awhile ago:) And I've watched the industry grow. Turns out that our little hobby isn't so little nowadays. It's wild to look back and to think about what we've all been a part of.    Over the...
If you happen to be in the Anaheim area this week,  please swing by the NAMM Show and visit us. We'll be offering complimentary impressions, repairs on site, and we'll be discussing ways to get 15% off Astell & Kern products.   Here are the details When:Jan 23-26, 2014 Where: The Anaheim Convention Center, Hall C booth 4150     Would love to hear your favorite NAMM stories. Please use this thread to share.   Looking forward to seeing you there.
This is the last thread from my 4 part series: What’s the best way to test and compare in-ear monitors?   Whether you are using your in-ear monitors for stage use, for mixing and mastering, or for simply listening to and enjoying music, I’m about supercharge your user experience. The secret that I’m about to tell you will make your in-ears sound even better. And this is completely independent of whichever make and model you are using. Plain and simple. If you want to...
OK. Before we start this feature, you have to listen to this track. The album won't drop until 3/25/14 but the lead single is starting to make its way around the Blogosphere. Robin Hilton from NPR's All Songs Considered said that "It brings a tear to my eye, it's just so uplifting." And I have to agree. I wouldn't normally post something here about a band that's not as well known but this music is so damn good, that I just had to share. Simply click on the album cover...
Here's the 3rd part of the educational series: What’s the best way to test and compare in-ear monitors? Just like last week, this segment comes via the UE University but is posted in its entirety here.   We’ve been talking about various ways to test in-ear monitors. We started off by discussing the benefits of using pure tones and then we moved on to analyzing overtones and harmonics of single instruments. Today, we’re going to put it all together and talk about the...
 To be honest, I haven't really spent anytime with the Massey Hall disc. Can anyone else chime in on this one?