Posts by Mike Dias

OK. Before we start this feature, you have to listen to this track. The album won't drop until 3/25/14 but the lead single is starting to make its way around the Blogosphere. Robin Hilton from NPR's All Songs Considered said that "It brings a tear to my eye, it's just so uplifting." And I have to agree. I wouldn't normally post something here about a band that's not as well known but this music is so damn good, that I just had to share. Simply click on the album cover...
Here's the 3rd part of the educational series: What’s the best way to test and compare in-ear monitors? Just like last week, this segment comes via the UE University but is posted in its entirety here.   We’ve been talking about various ways to test in-ear monitors. We started off by discussing the benefits of using pure tones and then we moved on to analyzing overtones and harmonics of single instruments. Today, we’re going to put it all together and talk about the...
 To be honest, I haven't really spent anytime with the Massey Hall disc. Can anyone else chime in on this one?
It’s no secret. I’m a huge Neil Young fan. So it’s a true honor and privilege to review Live At The Cellar Door,  the latest in Neil’s Archives Performance Series. It’s a collection of songs performed during Young’s intimate six-shows at The Cellar Door in Washington D.C. between November 30th and December 2nd, 1970. For those keeping score, this is just a few months after Reprise released Neil’s third solo album After The Gold Rush and six months after Crosby, Stills,...
How cool is this! If anyone reading this had been on the fence about donating and grabbing a set of UE-RM's, feel free knock off 2 birds with 1 stone.  
The New Yorker just posted a huge feature on the film and the Kickstarter campaign. Watch this brilliant clip and then read the rest of the story.     Read the full New Yorker feature here.
Hi all — sorry for the delay and for making everyone hold their breath. We wanted to reach out directly to the winners first and ask their permission to publish their names. So with that, here we go:   Randy S.  Paul K. Kris B.   Thank you all for playing. And oh - did I mention our X-Mas holiday special? Buy any custom monitor from now until 12/20 and get 50% off on a UE 900. Just get in touch with me directly or via PM and I'll sort everyone out for this.   Mike
Hello — Mike here from Ultimate Ears again. As promised, I wanted to follow up with part 2 of the educational article: What’s the best way to test and compare in-ear monitors? Just like last week, this segment comes via the UE University but is posted in its entirety here.     Last week we talked about comparing in-ear models based on isolating individual frequencies through tone generators. That makes sense as a starting point but I doubt you spend the majority of your...
The Wrecking Crew was a group of anonymous session players who cranked out hit after hit. They cut tracks for The Beach Boys, Simon & Garfunkel, Nat King Cole, Herb Alpert, Nancy Sinatra, Sonny & Cher, The 5th Dimension, John Denver, the Byrds, The Partridge Family, The Mamas & the Papas, and so many more. They were The Monkees. And they were Phil Spector’s “Wall of Sound.”   When a hit was needed, The Wrecking Crew got the call. They literally played on hundreds of...
 Great question. Technically, if your IP address is outside of the U.S. and you try to order online, the mani site it should take you to a local dealer page. That said, we don't have a problem if you can manage to make the online order and it ships in the U.S. Good luck. And I know I'm posting this just before GO TIME so if today doesn't work for you, there's always tomorrow and Friday.