Posts by kwitel

Thanks Marone. I have read reviews that allude to the same thing. So...what is the Jack of All Trades in this price range?Maybe I should look at the 595? (assuming I can still get one). They look a heck of alot better than the 598's and apparently they handle a wide range of musical genres. Sonido-dont know much about the 990's but will look into them.
Any other suggestions?   Was thinking maybe the AKG 701/702's?   But am worried that she will have a hard time driving them with just an IPOD?
 Thanks Hedonism. The looks are definitely a problem for me but am honestly not sure what she'd think.Maybe since she would only use them at home it wouldn't be the biggest deal...
Although I appreciate your reply, other than the HiFiMans, not one of your recommendations is open ear.
Actually for my girlfriend; will be used primarily for home use. She listens to virtually ALL genres: hip-hop, electronic, rock, classical, jazz, etc...so something that can handle a little of everything would be ideal.   Also, I just don't have the money for an amp right now so would like got her to be able to drive this straight from her ipod/iphone.   I'm thinking maybe the Senn 598's. Agree or other rec?   Thanks for reading.
Just bought em; thanks.
 My apologies as I should have specified that I am looking for the "Bass Edition".I cannot seem to find those anywhere.
I know I can get them on Ebay, just dont want to wait 3-4 weeks for delivery.   Thanks.
Any recommendations?
Anyone??