Posts by kwitel

I have virtually nothing in the genre. Looking for the material with great beats...heavy bass... but open to every sub-genre.   What are the must-owns in the space?   Heres what I have:   Banks Frank Ocean Maxwell R Kelly  Sade Stevie Wonder
 Great song but doesnt have to be synth....can be just great beats...I own virtually no R&B so open to whatever is considered a classic.
Not a single reply??   Where are all the vsonic fanboys?
Now on my third pair, love the sound profile but the quality is really sub-par. For some reason, after a couple of months, I start getting static/interference when the cord moves around at the point closest to the jack.   Would like something that can handle a wide variety of musical genres, has powerful yet non-bloated lows and is preferably <$50.   Thanks!
Of the couple of thousands of albums I own, maybe 5-10 are R&B. I happen to really like the genre but just never properly researched/go into it.   Really digging Banks right now and loving how there are some synthy/break-beat influences with regard to the beats that are utilized throughout.   Any recommendations based on the above?
I absolutely adore  Peter Gabriel's work on "The Passion: The Last Temptation of Chris" and "The Long Walk Home" (from Rabbit Proof Fence) and am always looking for similar type material.   Your favorite(s)?
I need some new music...   Been out of the scene for a long time but still love the classics from:   Dieselboy Dom and Roland Dara DB Andy C AK1200   Any recommendations for other artists old or new?   Looking more for DJ sets than produced albums...   Thanks!
 Thanks; added my full list to the original post.
1 reply?   Where are all the OG's??
I amazes me that no one else has really come close to MA or at least has tried to replicate their formula (with the exception of Portishead, whom I still find distinctly different).