or Connect

Posts by kwitel

Understood; thanks again.
MA-thanks for your thoughts.I have heard a lot of great things about the 400i but was worried about it lacking in soundstage and bass.Do you feel it surpasses the HD700 in both those areas?If not, why in particular do you prefer it over the Senns? I dont need tremendous soundstage but coming from my somewhat claustrophobic, very forward HF-1s, some airiness would be welcome.
Thanks for the replies. And you would opt for the 400s over the 400i? How would you describe the sounstage on bass response(s) on the 700s? I am eager to give those a try. Finally, have you tried the Audeze el-8s?
 Thanks but ive heard the highs could be piercing? I unfortunately will not have the money to buy an amp, right out the gates.
Am looking to graduate from Grado HF-1s, so another open-back, but one that can handle the widest array of musical genres. I listen to equalt amounts of rock/metal, classical, jazz and electronic.   Following quite a bit of research, I was going to get the HiFiMan 400is, but have been reading that the soundstage may be a bit narrow and bass a bit on the weak side?   Coming from Grado, although I love their sound sig, I feel like I have been deprived of the type of...
 Yet another set of cans I need to Demo!
Thanks for your comments James.Have you heard the HF-1s?I love the speed and in your face presentation but only for rock/metal.I feel like they have zero soundstage. When you commented above about the soundstage; did you mean relative to my HF-1s the 400s soundstage would seem large or, was it relative to the 500s? Ive heard great things about the 500's and ive loved every Grado can I have owned but the comfort of those bowls is a deal breaker for me. With my HF-1's I can...
 You were spot on.
 Thanks for posting this.I am worried that the Shures are not going to provide that multi-dimensional bass that I am looking for.On the other hand, I hear the soundstage on the 400i is notthing special. What are your thoughts on each of the above? Have you tried the Oppo PM-2?  I had the X2 a couple of months back for two weeks and they are PHENOMENAL.I think they are absolutely "high end" and contain probably the best sound sig (all round) that I have heard in a long...
Its now between the 400i and the Shure 1840.Ive been reading great things about the latter.