Posts by kwitel

Im not sure I even know what it is, but id liek to try it out. Good album to intro me to the genre?   Also, is Foals or Battles considered math rock?   Really digging Antidotes...
Ive tried getting into Mouth of the Architect, Neurosis and Cult of Luna but I just don't find any of them as melodic and dynamic as ISIS.   Words of advice for someone who wants more Sludge and Post-Metal?
 I love (and have) the P7's but they are closed.
Ideally easy to drive as well; will not be able to use an amp, for now.   75% Electronica /25% Hip Hop.   Id like to keep it under $500.   Thanks.
Let me be clear here...I dont really have a "setup".   What I have is a pair of Grado HF-1's that I adore, connected a Turtle Beach-Audio Advantage Micro, which is plugged into to a Dell E6400 Laptop computer, that is in a docking station, making it my desktop.   I think the sound is superb but im guessing I can do better?   Whats the next logical step up for me, without having to spend a fortune?
So I went with the B&W P7's. The reviews, the looks, the portability...all seemed right.   That said, they are closed.   Hopefully she likes them; still open to recommendations in case we need to return these
I am not set on the open back and these do look beautiful (and great reviews) I would like to get her into the open-ear experience as I find it to be the opposite of what shes used to...as she has some good IEMs...and I think shed appreciate the new experience.
Buying a gift for my girlfriend  who has absolutely no experience with high end audio equipment.   That said, she loves music, loves my listening to my Grado HF-1s and Senn 650's and really digs the open-ear-sound experience.   Id like to get her something that is easy to drive, can handle all genres and is comfortable and stylish.   So far have come up with the Beyer dt990's and Senn 598's, but I dont think she will like the look of the latter.   Her favorite...
 Thank you MA but none of this is really what im looking for. Any Acid House, Tech House or Electro?
 Use to be a jungle DJ; love all those genre :) I am ALWAYS looking for good hard acid house and/or hard tech-house. Preferably DJ sets. Also dark electro; albums or dj sets. Recommendations welcome!