Posts by hvizuett

OK, so I was wondering how can I tell or figure out whether a PS3 video game supports surround sound.   I read about this video game, Doom 3, and I saw that it supported 5.1 surround sound.  However according to Wikipedia, this is only for the Xbox 360.   So my question again is.. how can I tell if a PS3 video game supports 5.1 or 7.1 surround game?   Do you know of any titles that support surround sound?   Thanks. 
Ok so in regards to the surround sound processors posted at the bottom of this guide, are those the only ones available to purchase, or are there a lot of other options out there?   I'd like to buy the AKG Q701 and use these for gaming on a PS3, but I wanted to know which surround sound processor was best for this purpose.   Also if I wanted to voice chat, will that affect or alter the sound coming from the headphones? I read somewhere that this does happen, so...
@Evshrug and @Mad Lust Envy   Is there any way of boosting the bass on the Q701 without altering it negatively?   I thought of maybe just buying the AD700 for "competitive" gaming, and a separate headphone to immerse myself in movies and on single player campaigns. Would this be my best bet?
  So let me get this straight.  The Q701 makes a great gaming headphone because of its soundstage.  This means that the bass is neutral/natural so you're able to pinpoint where the enemy is coming from for example.  Is this right?   Aside from that, if I wanted to kick in a bit more bass I would have to buy a desktop amp or receiver.  That way I can immerse myself in movies with explosions for example.  Is this also right?
Hey everyone,   I'd like to get some feedback on this headset: http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/higher-end-stereo-headset.html   Does anyone own this headset, and would you recommend it or not?   It's fairly new and I wasn't able to find much info on it.   Thanks!
Hey everyone,   So I'm looking at buying a new pair of headphones for all purposes.  I've narrowed down my choices between the Sennheiser HD 598 and the AKG Q 701.   My question is which out of the two deliver, or I should say, offer me the best bang for the buck?   I'll be using these on a PS3 and on a 13 inch Macbook Pro.   My uses consist of gaming, watching movies, listening to music, and watching videos.     Thanks!
  Reggae, Rap/Hip-Hop, Rock, Alternative, Pop, Latino, and Classical Music.   Not necessarily looking for a headset, just a good headphone that can deliver and sound really nice on my PS3 and Mac.   And the PS3 doesn't have any headphone connectors, only 2 USB ports on the front, and a Digital Out (Optical) on the back.