Posts by pp312

Interesting. Having just heard a $42,000 speaker setup (using Magnaplanars) I've been looking around for an upgrade to my DT880 Pro. I've had an opportunity to get a used T1 but passed it by due to the conflicting reviews, with one person saying he loves his to death and next saying he sold his after a week due to the treble spike. It's really hard to get a consensus on this one. The LCD-2 was my other choice as I used to own one, albeit an R1. I liked the sound very...
  I think you've been peeking in my bedroom.  I often wonder why people make such a thing of the treble peak when it is, as  you suggest, quite effectively addressed by tone controls. Answer of course is that most people use dedicated HP amps, which is another mystery I've been unable to solve, In my view a good integrated or receiver (I use a Marantz SR4023 stereo receiver) can give results as good as any mid-tier dedicated amp. plus giving the convenience of remote...
The T1 and LCD-2 are similar? I'm getting confused.
 Actually the 600 ohm has pretty much the same treble spike. And yes, it's annoying. Trouble is, apart from that the 880 is one of the great values and one of the most neutral cans on the market. On acoustic music it can match it with the big boys--once the treble spike is addressed. Fortunately that spike is at quite a high frequency, making it vulnerable to attack. I use a simple tone control on an integrated amp. Others use more elaborate EQ. Some use warm tube amps,...
Impossible question to answer. What do you mean by unamped? Are you talking about the 32, 250 or 600 ohm 880? What do you mean "still does better"? Better at what?   Generally speaking the 880 is in a different class to the 80. That said, for rock and metal the 80 may suit you better. However, you need to be more specific.  
Isn't everybody? 
 Agreed. I've never found a phone to change much after about 50 hours. I think 300 hours is ridiculous, but hey, it costs nothing if you want to go to that trouble. I've already addressed the issue of drivers possibly changing slightly with changes in temperature. I'd like to see some experiments along these lines. After all, we go to so much trouble to find just the right amp, possibly paying thousands of dollars, but we never consider the effect of a cold room on a...
 English translation?
 Manufacturing tolerances would tend to be all over the place, whereas burn in shows a clear tendency: un-burnt in = bright, burnt in = less bright. To me this indicates something settling in, finding its ideal operating range. Confirmation bias is irrelevant here. You missed my words "...even when one is not expecting it." People who have nothing to prove and have never taken a position on the issue often express surprise at changes in their phones after maybe 50 hours of...
Good luck with the scissors.   You could try those hole stampers they use for ring binders.