Posts by pp312

Shhh......
 Oops. I fear my little joke fell a little flat.
 And about their rivals, Sennheiser? What will they be releasing?  
Thanks saxelrod92 for those impressions. As it happens I was interested in all of it as I've been looking (casually) at all the phones mentioned, including the D5000 (Ebay). However, I think I'll put the D5000 aside now. The LCD-2 I used to own in Rev 1 form but found it a bit dull and heavy--don't think I could come at that one again. The HD800 can be had now in Oz for around $1000, which I guess makes it a bargain after the original $2,500 asking price here. I wish the...
You have a spare thousand or so dollars? Over here, over here!    Seriously though, I notice you have both the LCD-2 and Denon 5000. I wonder how you'd rate the latter against the former. The 5000 shows such a linear FR, unlike so many top phones, that I'm curious how well it matches up subjectively.  
 Actually people always stop eating when they're full. Some people keep eating because they're never full. Which may give us a clue about compulsive buying habits. Some people are satisfied at a certain level, some are never satisfied and just become habitual consumers endlessly playing with their toys. These are probably the people who buy the most carelessly, with the least forethought. I've seen posts from people who list a half dozen headphones in their inventory...
 Nah, we won't tell them. And nobody in Germany can read English anyway. 
Hi, SP. Your memory serves you faithfully; and I still have a pair of 595s in the drawer. However, time has moved on and my ears have deteriorated accordingly, so that I'm now currently using a DT880 Pro, albeit with a little treble attenuation. Such is the way of ears. That aside, I find it hard to believe from the reviews (and FR response below) that the T1 and 595 sound at all similar. My 595 has a noticeable treble rolloff, as per the graph, whereas many T1 reviews...
 Ha, you've picked out two more phones that are currently creating wild eddies and currents in the Head-Fi waters. The HD800 is notorious for polarising opinion, of course, but I can't seem to get much consensus on the 560 either. Oh, when will the clouds ever clear and the light shine on just one headphone?  (Enough metaphors already! )
 Interesting. Having just heard a $42,000 speaker setup (using Magnaplanars) I've been looking around for an upgrade to my DT880 Pro. I've had an opportunity to get a used T1 but passed it by due to the conflicting reviews, with one person saying he loves his to death and next saying he sold his after a week due to the treble spike. It's really hard to get a consensus on this one. The LCD-2 was my other choice as I used to own one, albeit an R1. I liked the sound very...